My Awesome TL-01 Chassis

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by AE86 Drifter, Jun 18, 2004.

1. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

this is a couple of pics of my sweet TL-01 chassis.
    This is my favorite car that i own, but that still doesnt make it worth spending over 700 bucks on it. What makes it worth the money is beating people with X-Rays, Yokomos, TC3's and then tellin em what type of car is under the body :twisted: hahaha

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Nice... Wheres your Pro? Dont you have a pro?
  3. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

I ve got tons of cars too many to post
  4. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

More then me? Look at my post in the Pics and Vid section...
  5. driftsleeper

driftsleeper Guest

yeah..way to go reppin' for TL-01's. yayuh 8)
  6. Stellar_Days

Stellar_Days Guest

I think I'm gonna get a TL-O1
  7. nagatahawk

nagatahawk Guest

Great car! :wink:
    I have one too!! fully optioned,
    Recently finished GT3 B Main in the Tamiya TCS at Tamiya HG
    May have been the highest TLo1 in class. converting to drift car, abs, orion stock motor, It drifts very nice. I am looking for a one way. and maybe rounding the edges of the abs tires for easier transitions. 8)
  8. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

sweet i spent like 200 bucks to get my TL-01 ready for the memphis TCS race this sunday. I am running GT2. Wish me luck!! I have confidence in my driving but i hope the diffs hold up all day.
    what type of turnout did yall have at that TCS race.
    I am also gonna show the vette body for concours and that means im gonna tear it to hell racing it!!!
  9. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

post your vette body so we can see it before it gets the race treatment!
  10. nagatahawk

nagatahawk Guest

My r34 took quite the beating. :wink:

We had around 23 heats.
    GT2 was the class to be in, Low turn out because everyone was in gt1 19 turn. there wereb 5 or 6 heats of GT! A lot of the entries had competed in the "Reedy" two weeks before and had the 19 turn hand out motors.

GT3 had 4 heats

Good Luck with your tlo1, the tao4's and tbo2 were very fast. I'll probably go to GT2 and GT3 next year with the TB02 chassis. The tbo2 has very good acceleration out of slow corners. If you have a hi speed circuit everthing should be equal if not better for the tlo1. 8)
  11. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

cool i hope to have a new tamiya car for next year also.
    the vette body is already posted somewhere on here it is under tamiya cars i believe!
  12. i need help

well...im thinkin of getting a tl-01 .....and i need to find out if you have to buy the servo's and the remote seperatly.,....and i need to know where to get good cheap ones...
  13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I bought my tl-01 from ebay for $76. Here it is...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Came with...

1 Futaba T2PH Transmitter and Reciever

- 1 Duratrax Spike ESC

- Original 540 motor ( missing motor leads)

-Green Machine 27T motor (currently installed)

-HPI Rims/Tires (currently installed, one tire glued backwards)

- 1 Shark 1500 Battery

- 1 Duratrax Piranha 15 min battery charger
  14. damn! 75 dollars! do u think they have more deals like that?
  15. driftsleeper

driftsleeper Guest

damn...i wanna post up more pics of my tl-01 but i cant find anyway to post em up. i went to pichold.com but its not working.
  16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

go to www.photobucket.com

I don't think there are any other deals like that. It was funny because in the last 10 mins. of the bidding, the price went from $45-$70 in 20 seconds. I am so lucky. It is coming here on Friday. I will post pics of it then.
  17. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

pretty good deal for 76 buck
    mine cost 20 bucks to start.
    it was a mustang rtr and a 1500 stick pack and cheap dynamite charger
    the car now is many many dollars later
  18. help needed

ok...well i found a tl-01 for a good price..i just need to find out if you only need one servo
  19. You need 1 servo for electric cars, and 2 for nitro. You need 2 for a nitro car to control the throttle, but electric cars have ESCs.
  20. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Not all. Some (mainly the tamiya cars) have MSC. Manual Speed Control that requires a extra servo.