My Awesome TL-01 Chassis

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by AE86 Drifter, Jun 18, 2004.

1. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Member

lightweight chassis sucks. i broke my chassis in 3 places racing and melted it where motor got too hot. everyone else running TL01s said they had the same trouble and they all switched back to the black chassis. i did too last night. i think it looks cooler cause everything matches now.
  2. driftsleeper

driftsleeper Member

yup thats true...only i dint put the sotck chassis back on cus its the one that broke before, thats why i just thought of getting the leightweight chassis which ended up being even weaker
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

What are you guys doing to break it? Jumping? Or do you guys have like 13t motors?
  4. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Member

Id say just drifting and accedently over accelling or something and hitting a wall. Tamiya cars are durable... but their chassis' are usually plastic and what not and plastics not all that strong.
  5. catch_my_drift

catch_my_drift New Member

so all i need is one servo for the tl-01? thats all i have to find out
  6. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Member

If your useing a ESC, yes. If your uesing a MSC, no, you need two.
  7. catch_my_drift

whats AN EMS AND AN MSC...
  8. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Member

a EMS... dont know what that is. But a ESC, is a Electronic Speed Control. Controls the speed by elecrical signals.

A MSC is Mecanical Speed Control. It uses a nother servo on a arm with a little piece of wire on it and the servo moves the arm increaseing or decreaseing the speed.
  9. catch_my_drift

o..ok thanks 4 da info! :)