My 15 Minutes.........

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
One of the things I lost when I cleaned out my shop for storage and larger carpentry projects, ie benchwork etc was my work bench. I had no space or idea where and how to get modeling projects done. Then I bought a new video card for my computer that included a TV tuner and discovered that while smaller, the monitor had so much better resolution than my old TV did that I watch everything on it now, includinng when I eat meals. It even has a DVR so I can record shows as well. Anyway, back to the subject at hand. Since I do all of my home entertainment type stuff as well as eat meals there it left my dining room table lonely so I got to thinking, hmmmm... :D Now I know where my work bench is going to be. One advantage to being a bachelor, I can get away with stuff like that. :D :thumb: :D :D :D :thumb: :D :thumb:

b28_82

Jan 25, 2004
Midwest City, OK
www.geocities.com
Pitchwife said:
Since I do all of my home entertainment type stuff as well as eat meals there it left my dining room table lonely so I got to thinking, hmmmm... :D Now I know where my work bench is going to be. One advantage to being a bachelor, I can get away with stuff like that. :D :thumb: :D :D :D :thumb: :D :thumb:

Although I could get away with that I'm not sure I could bring myself to doing that. I just use my bedroom as the trainroom/bedroom 2/3ds trains and 1/3 bedroom stuff
I am looking for a 2 bedroom so i can shove all the trains in the spare bedroom. Yet another perk of being a bachelor. I can pick which room will be the train room... Hmmm maybe that master bedroom could be the Train room.. :D :D

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Tileguy said:
Next, "The big Circular file and why Modelers never use it "
Or......" Why Pack Rats could learn a thing or 2 from RR modelers" :D :D

Rules:
1 ~ Never throw anything away - you might need it later
2 ~ Never throw something away - someone else could use it later
3 ~ As soon as you DO throw it away - you Will need it
4 ~ After finding out that you did toss it - "The New One" you will have to buy, will be 2X the amount of the original & you'll have to have it shipped in from another country
5 ~ If you have just enough room to move carefully around your storage area... You still have room for more Stuff!!!!!!
6 ~ There is no such thing as a "Quick Clean up" -- they usually take 6 days
7 ~ Never run the vacuum cleaner anywhere near your storage area - there are always some small parts down there - you will "hear" them fly up the hose - you will not see them first..
8 ~ A clean work area is the sign that you have more time to model.. stop cleaning & work on the trains!!!!
9 ~ If you go to flea markets & garage sales and come home empty handed.. you aren't trying hard enough!!!
10 ~ I like my job.. it gives me more money to buy train stuff....
11 ~ - You really don't have enought stuff ~~ No matter what visitors say :) :)

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
To add to your list:

12. if you lost it, the only way to find it will be to buy a new one. It will show up about the time you unwrap the new one and cannot take it back for credit.

shortliner

Dec 23, 2004
N Gauger said:
Rules:
1 ~ Never throw anything away - you might need it later
2 ~ Never throw something away - someone else could use it later
3 ~ As soon as you DO throw it away - you Will need it
4 ~ After finding out that you did toss it - "The New One" you will have to buy, will be 2X the amount of the original & you'll have to have it shipped in from another country
5 ~ If you have just enough room to move carefully around your storage area... You still have room for more Stuff!!!!!!
6 ~ There is no such thing as a "Quick Clean up" -- they usually take 6 days
7 ~ Never run the vacuum cleaner anywhere near your storage area - there are always some small parts down there - you will "hear" them fly up the hose - you will not see them first..
8 ~ A clean work area is the sign that you have more time to model.. stop cleaning & work on the trains!!!!
9 ~ If you go to flea markets & garage sales and come home empty handed.. you aren't trying hard enough!!!
10 ~ I like my job.. it gives me more money to buy train stuff....
11 ~ - You really don't have enought stuff ~~ No matter what visitors say :) :)

Rule 3A(1) you won't find that you need it until 15 minutes after the Refuse collection has been done (bin there-donethat, on many occassions)
Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands