My 0n30 sawmill at work.

Discussion in 'Logging, Mining and Industrial Railroads' started by shamus, Feb 1, 2004.

1. shamus

shamus Registered Member

2. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Shamus, what a fantastic photo essay of logging operations! The equipment, the logs, the figures, the overall scene....amazing!
    Not only do you convey the feel of logging but you've created a museum quality exhibit of how the process really works. I'll bet the loggers among us will be very grateful. I won't be trading in my diesels for shays but I am IMPRESSED!!!
  3. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

Takes me back to when I was a kid, as everyone used wood for fire and building. Super great work Paul.
    :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :wave:
  4. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Beautiful series of photos Paul....Again you amaze me with your talent. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  5. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Thanks kind people, my lpb's are trying to get it to work.:D

6. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Twoderful work, once again, my good friend :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  7. Drew Toner

Drew Toner Member

Very nice Paul,

A day in the life, wish I was there.

I really like all the sawdust around the edger, can almost see it flying into the air.

And I can smell the fresh cut wood........
  8. Tad

Tad Member

Outstanding, Paul.
  9. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Great series of photos!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  10. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Many thanks again, all I have to do now is make the pulley system for the overhead power drives.
  11. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Wow Paul!

Great photo essay - very useful! In place of a band saw, is it possible to have a circular or reciprocating saw?

Thanks again.

12. krokodil

krokodil Member

Hi shamus.

Congratulation to your wonderful layout.

I have a question, can you please tell me where to get those branches to your trees (they are very nice).
    I had a supply earlier from US, but since some time I cannot get them anymore. I will appreciate your help either here in Europe or in US.

Thank you very much.
  13. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi friend,
    I get them from a garden centre here in the UK, but if you send Bill Schaumburg "Editor of Railroad Model Craftsman" an email :-

He will be able to tell you where he got some from as Bill is publishing an article of mine on Big tree making in May of this year.
  14. krokodil

krokodil Member

Hi my Friend

thank you for your help and advices. Here are my new trees on the layout. (One is already burned together with the fire station....):cry:

More photos will follow on my Ferkel Lines RR WEB page.

Attached Files:

• 759.jpg
      File size:
      31.8 KB
  15. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Oh, the irony! :D :D :D

Nice trees!
  16. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Trees look real good, so does the Firestation, but I like the shay better LOL:D