My 0n30 sawmill at work.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Shamus, what a fantastic photo essay of logging operations! The equipment, the logs, the figures, the overall scene....amazing!
Not only do you convey the feel of logging but you've created a museum quality exhibit of how the process really works. I'll bet the loggers among us will be very grateful. I won't be trading in my diesels for shays but I am IMPRESSED!!!
Ralph

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Many thanks again, all I have to do now is make the pulley system for the overhead power drives.
Shamus

krokodil

Nov 20, 2003
Austria
www.railfilm.net
Hi shamus.

Congratulation to your wonderful layout.

I have a question, can you please tell me where to get those branches to your trees (they are very nice).
I had a supply earlier from US, but since some time I cannot get them anymore. I will appreciate your help either here in Europe or in US.

Thank you very much.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Originally posted by krokodil
Hi shamus.

Congratulation to your wonderful layout.

I have a question, can you please tell me where to get those branches to your trees (they are very nice).
I had a supply earlier from US, but since some time I cannot get them anymore. I will appreciate your help either here in Europe or in US.

Thank you very much.
Hi friend,
I get them from a garden centre here in the UK, but if you send Bill Schaumburg "Editor of Railroad Model Craftsman" an email :-

bills@rrmodelcraftsman.com

He will be able to tell you where he got some from as Bill is publishing an article of mine on Big tree making in May of this year.
Cheers
Shamus

krokodil

Nov 20, 2003
Austria
www.railfilm.net
Hi my Friend

thank you for your help and advices. Here are my new trees on the layout. (One is already burned together with the fire station....):cry:

More photos will follow on my Ferkel Lines RR WEB page.

Attachments

• 759.jpg
    759.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 136

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Trees look real good, so does the Firestation, but I like the shay better LOL:D
Shamus