MWDLRR without staging

Wolv33

Aug 30, 2002
Smalltown, MO
Visit site
Here is a link to my trackplan. The thing is so huge it could NEVER fit into the forum's file restrictions.

This is set-up for continuous run and operations. Among the main features are the intermodal area, the coal mine area, the large diesel servicing area and the yards. The hump yard is the largest yard, followed by a secondary classification yard, the storage yard, and the interchange yard.

I am still trying to figure out where to put the staging. On this plan, the staging is located beneath the layout, but I forsee having a lot of problems constructing the benchwork and running trains.

I came up with a solution to have the staging the entire length of the plan, and locate it as a second secondary yard, South of the main track plan. Perhaps having it disguised as a yard would also create enthusiasm for on-lookers, as I could include it as one of the points of interest like the other yards and auxiliary facilities.

Comments are welcomed.

http://members.fortunecity.co.uk/wolv34/graphics.html

Later.

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
WOW! I'm speechless at the moment. Too say that is an ambitious undertaking would be quite the understatement. I will look at it again when I have more time, for now all I can say is god luck!

Gary

Wolv33

Aug 30, 2002
Smalltown, MO
Visit site
Thanks Gary!

I plan to purchase the main line in February. The cost is nearly $1000.00 for the track. I wonder how much it is going to cost for the humpyard. Eeek!

At least my staging wasn't all that much. Course, with the new location for staging, it might be.

I plan to upload an updated trackplan with the new staging idea on it, sometime soon. I will let everyone know here.

Shamus asked me to post my plan here, so he could see it. I hope everyone likes it. The consensus so far has been similar to your reaction.

Later.

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Originally posted by Wolv33

I plan to purchase the main line in February. The cost is nearly $1000.00 for the track. I wonder how much it is going to cost for the humpyard. Eeek!

LOL, not at your plans, but when I opened it, the first thing I saw was a western union ad saying, "Send money now!" :D :D :D It might be cheaper to buy stock in Atlas and go for the discount :p Looks like you have a lot of work ahead of you! WOW :eek: Wish I had the time, money perserverance, etc.

Wolv33

Aug 30, 2002
Smalltown, MO
Visit site
Phil and guys,

We are going double-wide hunting this afternoon. I have the day off again. LOL!

If we are able to get one setup, then the reality of getting the main line laid in March-June will come to life.

As soon as the mainline is completed, I plan to start on both the humpyard and the diesel servicing area.

Later guys, and thanks for the cool comments!

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Wolv,
That is one hell of a trackplan.Unfortunately it is far too big for me to look at properly, and when reduced I cannot see the tracks to put in the wiring for it. I might just have to print it out of number of A4 sheets and do it that way then email it back to you. Might take some time to do that, so be patient with me.

Shamus

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Wolv,
Don't have Right track software, I will print it out and take it from there.
Cheers
Shamus

clumber

Originally posted by Wolv33

I came up with a solution to have the staging the entire length of the plan, and locate it as a second secondary yard, South of the main track plan. Perhaps having it disguised as a yard would also create enthusiasm for on-lookers, as I could include it as one of the points of interest like the other yards and auxiliary facilities.

I think your idea of having it as a yard is a better suggestion. I've seen it done at a trainshow and its surprising how much interest it generated even when one of the guys was only swapping over locos.
Its what I intend to do when I get that bigger room (yes, we are actually looking, its dependent on me being able to get a job in that area!).
Brian

Wolv33

Aug 30, 2002
Smalltown, MO
Visit site
Thanks Brian,

A lot of it will have to do with what size of doublewide home I can get for the layout.

I will post the trackplan with the "yard" staging once I get it up on the website.

Thanks again.

Later.