Museum displays

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by roch, Jan 15, 2008.

1. roch

roch Member

Has anyone seen train layouts at a museum? The one in Chicago kicks ass. :thumb:

2. nkp174

nkp174 Active Member

There is a huge S-scale layout in the Cincinnati History Museum...which is located in Cincinnati's Union Terminal.

Cincinnati in Motion
  3. Tileguy

Tileguy Member

No Museum's Layout is going to compare to Chicago's Museum Of Science & Transportations.....They had a Budget that was HUGE.:thumb:

Duluths RR Museum has a fair DM&IR Model RR although it is a Bit dated and St Paul MN Bandana Square has a club layout thats Nice but a bit of a spaghetti bowl......It is also a Bit dated as far as layouts go.:cry:
  4. tetters

tetters Rail Spiking Fool!

I live in Toronto. The Royal Ontario Museum does not have a layout to my knowledge. :-(
  5. rogerw

rogerw Active Member

6. nachoman

nachoman Guest

I helped build one for the tucson children's museum years ago. I don't know if it is still there. And there is one in the museum in Ogden Utah in the old train station there.

7. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

I am the VP of The Western Reserve Model Railraod Museum located in Mentor, Ohio ( 16 miles east of Cleveland, Ohio).

We have layouts in G, O, S, HO, On3, N, lego, Brio, and 2 rail O trolley.

Here is our web site
  8. rogerw

rogerw Active Member

Tom nice setups there. Are pictures 2,3(0378,0377) a N gauge layout? That looks pretty impressive.
  9. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

There is a ho scale railroad in the Tacoma WA. History Museum. Next to the refurbished Union Pacific Station.

Rotunda at Night

10. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

These two pics are of the HO layout for 8 feet above the layout. I was working on the lights and as long as I was that high, I took some pics from above. :thumb:
  11. RonP

RonP Member of the WMRC

There's a layout in British columbia, could be in stanly park i havent been there tho
  12. CCT70

CCT70 Member

I recently found the Model Railroader Magazine Z Scale Western Pacific project railroad on Ebay late last year and helped get it purchased and brought to the Western Pacific RR Museum (WPLives Home) in Portola, Ca. It will be transported in our baggage car to various events and on display in there for the public to enjoy.
  13. rogerw

rogerw Active Member

I really dont think you should be on ladders and working with electricity when your High. :mrgreen:
  14. nkp174

nkp174 Active Member

Excellent work!
  15. jetrock

jetrock Member

The California State Railroad Museum has a toy-train layout and a cluster of small dioramas of different model railroad scales. The railroad museum in Green Bay has a large club layout on the grounds that I found quite impressive.
  16. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

When the lights are 20 feet off the ground, it helps to be high! :cry: