Mrs. Doc (Off Topic)

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2002
Big Valley, California
If you're so inclined, please say a little prayer for the missus as she goes in first thing in the morning to have her gall bladder removed. I'd be mighty obliged to you all if you do. Doc (the real one) says it is a simple laproscopic procedure, but you never know. :confused:
Thanks,
Doc

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Best wishes to your wife for a safe surgery and a quick recovery Doc! One of my wife's friends went through that recently and is doing just fine.
Ralph

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
I had the gall bladder surgery done a couple of years ago. The surgery isn't bad. Just tell her not to try to use her stomach muscles for a few weeks. No sit ups. Believe me, I tried to sit up once! I then learned to lay on my side and push myself up with my arms.

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Best wishes to you and your missus, and we will be praying for her, and you.. it wont be long before she`ll be back to naggin you for not doing somthing, or doing something you should`nt, you know what wives are for...have a good and safe one...steve

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Gall bladder surgery is one f the oldest operations; Samuel Pepys had it done.
One of my first supervisors had it. He consoled himself with the knowledge that, if he survived the operation, his insurance rating would still be normal.
Give her all our best wishes.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
We are so inclined, and we will keep her in our prayers and thoughts. Wish her the best from us all, and keep a positive attitude and everything will be just fine. :thumb: :thumb:

mhdishere

Feb 27, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Doc,
Best wishes and prayers. A former girlfriend of mine had the laproscopic gall-bladder surgery while we were dating, three or four small scars, she was up and about in a couple days and back to normal in a couple weeks. Let's just say her pain tolerance wasn't nearly as high as most women I've known, so if she could take it and be better in a couple weeks anyone else would jog home after they wake up.

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2002
Big Valley, California
Thanks for all of your well wishes and prayers. Mrs. Doc's surgery went fine and she is resting comfortably. Amazingly, she's even cleared to go home later today if she wants to or she can stay the night. I'm staying home with her tomorrow. Would I be a cad if I tried to sneak in some train time while she's napping?

Doc

F

Fred_M

I had that operation 6 1/2 years ago and it's a bear. Tell the wife I wish her well. Fred

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
I to am glad that all went well for her, and you....Whish her a speedy recovery from the gauge `ers down under.... and I dont think you would be a cad if you seecked some train time while she napps, just being there for her will make her happy... have a good one... steve