Moving To Montana

Play-Doh

Ive recently accepted a great job in Bozeman MT....of course this means that im moving from Portland OR.

The wife and I were discussing how we can move with the least amount of belongings.....

Lets just say that my lobbying for the 4X8 layout was successfull......the couch may have to say behind.

Its all about the priorities.....although I could literally hear her eyes rolling.

Nomad

If you take the couch all you can do is sit and watch tv. Good thing the railroad won:D .
And congrats on the new job:thumb:.

Loren

Mrplow123

Just remember, you can buy a new couch when you get there. Show me a store where you can buy an assembled 4x8 layout that you put time and effort into. Good luck with the new job, and the move.

Jim Krause

Welcome to Montana. Yeah, leave that couch behind. Theres a furniture store in Bozeman. Now for the important stuff. Hobby shops are in Billings, Missoula (2), Kalispell (2) Helena. Don't know about Bozeman. Must be something there since its a big retirement mecca for Californians. Train shows are in Helena, Missoula, Livingston. Lots of RR related stuff around the state. Three Forks has a Milwaukee Little Joe. Harlowtown has another Milwaukee Box Cab. Missoula has an NP ten wheeler and a Willamette geared loco. Columbia Falls and Libby have Shays. The Virginia City/ Nevada City State Park has an operating 30 inch gauge Consoladation (2-8-0) That should keep you busy for a week or two.

Play-Doh

Jim Krause said:
Welcome to Montana. Yeah, leave that couch behind. Theres a furniture store in Bozeman. Now for the important stuff. Hobby shops are in Billings, Missoula (2), Kalispell (2) Helena. Don't know about Bozeman. Must be something there since its a big retirement mecca for Californians. Train shows are in Helena, Missoula, Livingston. Lots of RR related stuff around the state. Three Forks has a Milwaukee Little Joe. Harlowtown has another Milwaukee Box Cab. Missoula has an NP ten wheeler and a Willamette geared loco. Columbia Falls and Libby have Shays. The Virginia City/ Nevada City State Park has an operating 30 inch gauge Consoladation (2-8-0) That should keep you busy for a week or two.

Yep Montana is home for me so im glad to be moving back! I fear bozeman is without many hobby stores, but ill be up in Helena plenty! Didnt know about all the railroad action goin on in Big Sky country....Thanks for the info!!! And thanks everyone for the well wishes on the job!

Jim Krause

I believe the Helena and Livingston train shows are coming up this weekend or next. One is on Saturday and the other on Sunday. Better hurry and get over here.

Russ Bellinis

I don't know if things have changed since 9-11, but a couple of railfan friends went to Montana and visited the shops for the Montana Rail Link RR, and were shocked to be given practically free run of the place to wander around and take pictures as much as they wanted with just a warning to watch out for moving trains!