Movie and TV cars! Discussion

Discussion in 'Commercial & Civilian Vehicles' started by Master-Bruce, May 13, 2008.

1. Werner Smuts

Werner Smuts Member

Knight Rider

How about the new Knight Rider.......

Attached Files:

2. sr5nm

sr5nm Member

No votes for Drag-U-La??????????????
  3. exzealot

exzealot Member

I also vote for the Beverly Hillbillies truck! I still love those old black and white films. Sooo funny!

BTW... I just saw the real truck about a month ago. It hangs from the ceiling at the Planet Hollywood (Universal Studios) in Orlando Florida. The headlights are always on. My family and I were eating dinner at a table directly underneath the motorcycle that was driven by Arnold Schwarzeneggar (sp??) in Terminator III. If you get to Orlando, make sure you visit this place.

Also, we had just learned on the radio that Charleton Heston passed away; then we walked into Planet Hollywood; and as we were waiting to be seated in the waiting area, I looked up and there was one of the chariot wheels that was used in the film Ben Hur! How ironic is that!

4. bugman72

bugman72 Member

5. widget

widget Member

Remember "The Highwayman" ? Craptacular TV show,but 2 neat trucks. I didn't care for the main characters truck with the Helocopter but I did like the one driven by the Aussie guy. Jocko? It was a concept designby the Strick Corporation.
    the onlydetailed info I can find on it is here : Íåçàâåðøåííûé äèçàéí-ïðîåêò èëè íîâûé «ðàçìåð÷èê» :: Èç èñòîðèè :: Ñïåöòåõíèêà ýêñêàâàòîðû ïîãðóç÷èêè êðàíû ñàìîñâàëû â æóðíàëå ÎÑ

And I don't speak Russian... (crying )
  6. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Hey Clif,

As Far as I know, the Batmobile idea is still on the table! ;) We were waiting on the completion of Claudios Bumblebee first. I'm doing the Camaros in the meantime. The first Batmobile we were going to do was the (and don't shout!) Clooney 'mobile. Yeah, the film sucked big time but I really liked that car. For those not sure, here's a pic:

All of the Batmobiles are cool I think, though the least favourite of mine is the Kilmer car. That just didn't roll with me. I am really fond of both "The Batman" cars. I would like to do those someday.

As for Eleanor, I found a great mesh this morning that would serve as a great base for a papermodel. From the newer 60 seconds that is. I may not be taking it on but I'd happily share the mesh. Nothing, you mentioned maybe trying your hand at car models? Just a thought. ;)

Drag-U-La wasn't my cup of tea but it could be a cool model to tie in the Claudios Munster Mobile.
  7. Master-Bruce

Also, I do like the "Knight" Mustang, the interior looks cool. More toned down than the 80's KITT. Not a bad car, though I'm not so sure how the movie will do.
  8. or Val Kilmer's Volvo C70 in "The Saint"

Attached Files:

9. or the Plymouth Barracuda from "Nash Bridges"

Attached Files:

• cuda.jpg
      File size:
      147.4 KB
  10. Master-Bruce

I think that was the first Volvo I liked! LOL
  11. Master-Bruce

Was that yellow? You have a pic of it?
  12. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

hey skip send me the Eleanor mesh and ill take a lookie see.[​IMG]

where do you keep finding these meshes?[​IMG]
  13. Master-Bruce

Extracted from games, some just offered for free on the net. Just lucky I guess. I found a Charger mesh too. ;)

Though nothing for the more "out there" cars such as the Batmobiles I mentioned, Chitty, Pink Panther limo Blah blah........

I'll check it and send it over! Though it does need cleaning up and remodelling in places.
  14. did somebody menchen my name? the audi rsq paper model is going to be a really knock out because i will be makeing more sheets that's not completed yet ( door opening and closeing just like the the prototype no engine sorry coudn't find it. but there will be an interor seats and dashbord and steeing wheel allso i will be making a speical stand for a desplay thats free allso if you wanted to know. lighing mc queen from the movie cars is going projectly taking it's time and i like to know how do you post images on the form?
  15. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I think you can pull it off especially considering the fact that you did the Munstermobile serious justice.
  16. clif52

clif52 Banned

The Knight Rider Movie must have done well. Its now listed as a series Wednesday nights at 8:00pm US Eastern Standard Time this fall.
  17. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

ZZTop's Eliminator*

ZZTop's Cadzilla*

The Car

The GreenHornet's Black Beauty

Munster's Dragula

Starsky & Hutch's Gran Torino

Magnum's Ferrari 308

ATeam's G-Series GMC Van

Smokey and the Bandit; The Bandit's FireChicken :) (don't forget Smokey's Lemans police cars), Snowman's amazing Kenworth.

Robocop's Ford Taurus (6000 SUX would be funny too).

The Popemobile would be interesting

*count as TV cars because of the Videos.
  18. sr5nm

sr5nm Member

As far as the Popemobile goes, I don't think that the 6 O'clock news counts as a TV car. If it does, how about OJ's white Bronco?????

It's nice to know that at least one other person out there remembers 'The Highwayman.' I have a Tamiya King Hauler that I'd love to build up as the diesel with the helicopter in the front end of, but can't find anywhere near enough reference material to start.

How about Cameron's dad's Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder from 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off.' or Lane Meyer's Camaro from 'Better Off Dead?'
  19. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Damnation Alley Landmaster

Holy smoke ... I totally forgot a great model possibility ...

20. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

I'm with Stevo's idea of the Robocop Police Taurus and 6000 SUX :D