Movie and TV cars! Discussion

Discussion in 'Commercial & Civilian Vehicles' started by Master-Bruce, May 13, 2008.

1. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

George Barris cars were some of the best TV cars around. His best for me of course os the 60's Batmobile! I great car and one of the most recognisable I think.
  2. Master-Bruce

From a design point of view the Charger is a good one. You'll get the FandF Charger, General Lee and the Blade car out of one body design. Then adding the different parts to make up each car.

I love that shot in FandF where he revs up the engine and the torque is so great that the tyres twist and the car lifts!
  3. Master-Bruce

I hope no-one thinks less of me for posting a pink car?! :D But this one is the coolest Limo on the planet! Surely?

That pic is from a model kit I think but hell with it. Who designed this?
  4. bugman72

bugman72 Member

Just in case someone hasn't found this site yet, here's a good place to find pics of your favorite movie car. Home page

As for my pic, I worshiped this car growing up (and still do!) If I ever have the money, I WILL build a real one. In case you don't know about the car, it's from the movie The California Kid staring Martin Sheen. It was a '74 made-for-TV movie. The car was originally built by Pete Chapouris and was featured on the cover of Rod & Custom in '74. The car currently sets at Pete & Jake's shop in Peculiar, MO (just outside of Kansas City). I have had the distinct pleasure of being up close and personal with this beauty.

Attached Files:

5. dansls1

dansls1 Member

6. bugman72

bugman72 Member

Since we're on the subject of street rods :), here's another one that gets my vote. How about Milner's Deuce from American Graffiti? Ironically, the engine shown in The California Kid was actually that of Milner's Deuce.

American Graffiti Coupe Photo Gallery

Attached Files:

7. Jim Lionmane

Jim Lionmane Member

I would say Il Tempo Gigante from the animated puppet film Pinchcliff Grand Prix.

One of my favorite movies and one of my favorite cars.

Kind regards

Jim Lionmane

Attached Files:

8. logicman

logicman Greybeard

Car 54, where are you?

Car 54

9. D-WHALE

D-WHALE Utopia Planitia Engineer

the AUDI from "I, Robot":inw:[​IMG]
  10. D-WHALE

D-WHALE Utopia Planitia Engineer

or that one from "Go Trabi Go"!

(okay! thats just a jokesign1)
  11. Master-Bruce

Phew! LOL!

Seriously though, there are some great cars being mentioned here. Some I never even knew about let alone thought about. :D

Here's another car from me. The movie may not have been memorable but the car certainly was! For me anyway.

12. Jim Lionmane

Jim Lionmane Member

Oh, skulp

I agree, Its beautiful. I think it would my second favorite.
    Do that one! Do that one! Do that one!

Jim Lionmane
  13. dansls1

dansls1 Member

That's funny - I liked the movie but the car - meh.
  14. Master-Bruce

Funny you should say that Jim. :D I actually hired the DVD earlier to get screen grabs from it.

Google didn't turn much up so I thought I'd have a look see. Besides, I actually enjoyed the movie AND the car. The Sub was even cool! LOL

The problem with that car done in paper is the silver detailing! All that ornamentel decoration would be a real pain to figure out.
  15. logicman

logicman Greybeard

16. xadow

xadow Member

Hi Skip if you like the street racer look then check these ones

Evo X

Police Skyline

Skyline GTR Z-Tune

PS My Vote goes to the skyline :mrgreen::mrgreen:, I've been hoping for a good detailed one ever since I discovered card modelling.
  17. Master-Bruce

Hey Xadow, they're some pretty cool cars. Are they from a movie or TV though?

Thanks for the links there Logicman, I was actually at that Autocult thread a few days ago. ;)
  18. NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005 Member

I would really love u to make the car from I, Robot & the car from LXG
  19. dansls1

dansls1 Member

20. Master-Bruce

Hey Dan. That's a pretty nice car! Though the movie doesn't mean anything to me, I've not seen it.

The I Robot is a nice car, it would be seeing as it's an Audi. I do like some of those future cars we see in movies. Minority Report also had a nice car that's similar in some ways. That one is a Lexus though:

An almost identical car to this one also appeared in The Island. It's a very nice design.