Movie and TV cars! Discussion

Discussion in 'Commercial & Civilian Vehicles' started by Master-Bruce, May 13, 2008.

1. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Morning guys. :D

Some may know that I've been designing models of the BumbleBee Camaros lately from the new Transformers movie. It's been great fun and it's got me thinking about other model subjects from TV and Movies.

So, I thought I'd start this thread to discuss the different cars we see in our favourite movies and TV shows. I wanted to get ideas for potential models and also find out what cars people liked. ;)

I'm sure this has been discussed before but seeing as new shows and movies come out all the time, I wanted a fresh take.

So, if people could post what they think is the best movie or TV car here it'd be great. Also photos of their cars maybe? Not everyone know what one car may look like.

As there are so many out there, I thought this could be a great thread with some good discussions?

What do ya say guys? :D
  2. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

tj hookers police car:thumb:

a-team van (with ba ) "you looking at me fool !!":thumb:

ufo from the tv series "the invaders":thumb:
  3. Master-Bruce

Was TJ Hookers car just a standard cop car? I remember watching it as a kid but can't really remember much of it.

The A-Team van was defenitely cool! I loved that show, always thought it was amazing how the baddies always locked them up in rooms that housed everything the team needed to break out again! :D

I'm not too familair with the UFO.

I've been trying to think what my favs are! I started this thread and thought ,"I need a car to start the debate/discussion, BUT WHAT?" I just can't decide.

I like alot of them. I love the street racer cars like those seen in Fast and Furious movies. Particularly the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo8 and Nissan Skyline GTR from 2Fast2Furious. Though I love the classics like the General Lee!

It's quite hard to choose really.
  4. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

How's about the Prisioner's Lotus 7 or Rays Buick Riviera from Due Soth
  5. Master-Bruce

I remember I really liked that Buick! Which was strange for me at the time because I was more into street racing cars and formula 1! That car was just nothing like my other favs at the time.
  6. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Some time ago, I started a poll at paperinside about people cars interest. I've designed The Tumbler and Mad Max Interceptor, based on poll results. The third one would be the Ford Mercury from Stallone Cobra. What do you think of it?

You'll make lots of people happy!
  7. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Not a TV or movie car, but the car I would most want to build a model of is the Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe.
  8. Master-Bruce

Hey Claudio,

The 1950 Mercury Monterey? I googled it and it's a lovley car! I've never seen the movie, probably the only Stallone movie I've not seen. Very nice car!

Hey, how about maybe posting a pic of the car/s you mention? Incase we don't know of a particular car mentioned?

Does anyone know what car it was that Welsey Snipes drove in the first Blade movie? It was an American Muscle car but I don't know what it was.
  9. Master-Bruce

Nevermind. It was a 68 Charger! Funny really 'cause I was looking at another Charger the other day. Vin Deisel's car in Fast and Furious, that was a beast of a car! Pity it didn't last long in the movie though.

Though the Charger in Blade wasn't quite like this one I don't think. Just found a pic.

10. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Here they are

Cobra03.jpg Cobra04.jpg Cobra02.jpg
  11. Master-Bruce

Nice!!! I think I need to watch this movie! :D
  12. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Of course:mrgreen:
  13. Tim Crowe

Tim Crowe Member

How about:

14. Master-Bruce

LOL!! I wondered if you'd mention that one Claudio! :D I do love that new Mach6.

Chitty is a classic too, it's not a model I'd like to tackle myself but I did love that car as a kid.
  15. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

Here's my vote :)

Attached Files:

16. Perry

Perry New Member

17. Master-Bruce

Ah, even without the movie/novel tie in that car is impressive on it's own. I love these american cars.

KITT! I worshipped that car as a kid. To the point I remember talking into my wrist watch at school. Oh dear. :( LOL! Though as far as a future model of it goes, aren't there like 2 or 3 already?

Some great suggestions offered here!
  18. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

How about that old truck from The Beverly Hillbillies.
    Here is some infomation about the Beverly Hillbillies Truck. According to the site "That old truck was a homemade flatbed cut down from a 1921 Oldsmobile touring car." There is a neat picture of a Jolly Rodger version of the truck at the bottom of the page. :)

Attached Files:

19. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

There was a George Barris car that appeared in one episode of Star Trek "Bread and Circuses." Called the Jupiter 42, but I can't seem to find any pics of it. There was an entire website devoted to it at one time. :confused:
  20. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i would love the stalone cobra, and the van deisel charger!!!!i think the charger would top my list.