movie ads

stary

can someone tell me where I can find some old movie ads to put on the front of a movie theater I'm planning? My layout is set in the early-to-mid 60s.

MCL_RDG

The thing I like...

...about model railroading is that it goes beyond the RR-Ding (whoo-whoo).

It's the research to reach a particular point in time we are trying to recreate for many reasons.

Have you tried searching the web for movies of the era? Surely there are "fan"(movie) sites that have images of movie posters for a particular film as an attraction for the site. 'Matter of fact here's a pic I just plucked off the Net by searching for "Bonnie and Clyde" (1967).

Mark

Attachments

• b-c.jpg
    b-c.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 133

Vic

Just type in WinZip in your search engine and when you get to the site download the latest version...its free... its self installing...then you can download the poster files and unzip them to a folder. To use WinZip just folllow the instructions when you bring the program up. They are super simple.

belg

Vic the only sites that come up for me all say it's going to $29 to download am I at the wrong sites?

NSCALEMIKE

Viewer..

Belg, if you go to the bottom of the list, under WW2 posters you will see a free file viewer (zip) that is embedded with the program for either Excel or MS word.
Mike

belg

Guys I just can't get these things to work I downloaded your ultimate zip file Jon and it tells me it can't open it in this format.
The link at the bottom of the page said it was corrupted and could not be opened. So I'm back to where I started any other ideas?????

Vic

Hi BELG.... http://www.winzip.com/

On the left side of the page click on "download the evaluation version" Its a few fries short of a Happy Meal but it will work. Mine never has quit working but if it does just go download it again.

absnut

Stary,

I have a sheet of small posters I could email you. They are small ebough that I cannot actually tell what they advertize but, they do look like posters. If you would like me to send them, contact me off line or PM me.

Dick