Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by yellowlynn, Aug 4, 2005.

1. yellowlynn

yellowlynn Member

I'm getting toward the finishing of a mountain I have at one end of my layout. Still have a few touchups here and there. No walls inside the portals as yet, for one thing. I'll see if I can whip a couple pics.

Attached Files:

• m4.jpg
      File size:
      67.6 KB
  2. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Your filesize is probably too big, that's why they won't post. Check your email. If you're still having problems, let me know. You can email one of the photos and I can work it for you.
  3. Zman

Zman Member

That's a mighty fine lookin' mountain you got there!

Just remember that the building of a model railroad tunnel creates a rare physical phenomena known as Murphy's Discombobulating Vortex. This is an unusual warp field that causes derailments and uncouplings along a stretch of track that normally functions flawlessly.
  4. Marxed

Marxed Member

that looks pretty cool, now what do you do if a train detrails inside a tunnel like that?
  5. yellowlynn

yellowlynn Member

If you look close enough, the mountain is at the end and I have a large opening for retractionating disencumbering parts of various and sundry wheeled velocipides as may happenstance entering and being restrained from coming out for some nonsensicle reason. However, I digress. The whole end is covered by a sheet of foam cut to shape and held in place. I merely lift it, or if necessary, set it aside, to get in for maintenance or whatever.

I had better pictures but they wouldn't post. I'll try again tomorrw to show the end,

6. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Member

That is absolutely , without a doubt, the best mountain I have seen all day! :thumb:

Seriously, good job!

Now you have to name it.
  7. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

A nicely scenicked mountain Lynn. The rock work looks great.
    Looking forward to more.
  8. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

So..What you're saying is...Theres a hole in the back so you can get any derailments out?
    Nice looking mountain.
  9. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Looks real good Lynn!
  10. yellowlynn

yellowlynn Member

EZDays showed me how to fix pictures so if this works I'll try some new ones showing the back.

Attached Files:

11. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Looking good...:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Oh, I deleted your other posts that did not work for you. Now you have a clean slate...:wave::wave:
  12. Jodam

Jodam Member

Jo sends her congratulations well done.
    We split the modelling, I do the technical, paint the LPB's & make the structures, Jo's forte`is fine detail & spacial perspection, our layout is starting to look grand.
    Cheers Damien.
  13. XavierJ123

XavierJ123 Member

Lynn: Looks good. You did a great job. I am a mountain and tunnel kind-of-guy myself and feel no model layout is complete without one. I always have trouble getting the colors to look natural. Some guys use real dirt (baked in the over to kill the critters). I am about ready to try that.
  14. yellowlynn

yellowlynn Member

I finally remembered my camera so I could show access to the interior of the tunnel. Simple, since it is at the end of the layout.

I also got started on the river, but no water yet.

15. yellowlynn

yellowlynn Member

Forgot pictures

Attached Files: