mountain

yellowlynn

Jul 7, 2001
Whitehouse, Tx USA
Visit site
I'm getting toward the finishing of a mountain I have at one end of my layout. Still have a few touchups here and there. No walls inside the portals as yet, for one thing. I'll see if I can whip a couple pics.

Lynn

Attachments

• m4.jpg
    m4.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 27

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Lynn,

Your filesize is probably too big, that's why they won't post. Check your email. If you're still having problems, let me know. You can email one of the photos and I can work it for you.

That's a mighty fine lookin' mountain you got there!

Just remember that the building of a model railroad tunnel creates a rare physical phenomena known as Murphy's Discombobulating Vortex. This is an unusual warp field that causes derailments and uncouplings along a stretch of track that normally functions flawlessly.

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
that looks pretty cool, now what do you do if a train detrails inside a tunnel like that?

yellowlynn

Jul 7, 2001
Whitehouse, Tx USA
Visit site
tunnel

If you look close enough, the mountain is at the end and I have a large opening for retractionating disencumbering parts of various and sundry wheeled velocipides as may happenstance entering and being restrained from coming out for some nonsensicle reason. However, I digress. The whole end is covered by a sheet of foam cut to shape and held in place. I merely lift it, or if necessary, set it aside, to get in for maintenance or whatever.

I had better pictures but they wouldn't post. I'll try again tomorrw to show the end,

Lynn

XavierJ123

Dec 17, 2004
Lexington, Kentucky
Lynn: Looks good. You did a great job. I am a mountain and tunnel kind-of-guy myself and feel no model layout is complete without one. I always have trouble getting the colors to look natural. Some guys use real dirt (baked in the over to kill the critters). I am about ready to try that.