Mountain Farm

Discussion in 'Robin At His Best' started by Matthyro, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

These farm buildings will be located in a mountainous area on my Nn3 logging line.
    The plans for these structures is in the Easy-to-Build Model Railroad Structures book by Kalmbach.
    First up is the farm house

Attached Files:

• f1.jpg
      File size:
      34.8 KB
  2. Matthyro

Next is the barn

Attached Files:

• f2.jpg
      File size:
      33.8 KB
  3. Matthyro

Other structures found on a farm

Attached Files:

• f3.jpg
      File size:
      42.7 KB
  4. jasbourre

jasbourre Member

Thats some nice work on the farm.
    Keep up the good work.
  5. SAL Comet

SAL Comet Member

I really like the barn Robin, is that all cereal board?
  6. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Robin that's a great job on the farm buildings, but I can't wait to see what you come up with for n-scale corn cobs to fill that crib with! :)
  7. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

N scale corn cobs................Now I'm going to spend the rest of the day trying to figure out what cardboard product would make corn cobs! :D
  8. Matthyro

Scott, Yup it is cerealboard and some card stock.
    My daughter has suggested a few things to make ciorncobs out of but they would be out of scale. She then said get some fine copper wire with yellow plastic insulation and cut them into 1/16 pieces. That would make the cobs about 12 inches long. But can you imagine how many I would have to cut? I also thought about printing a photo of corncobs and stick inside the frame. Haven't found any photos yet though.
  9. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

Here goes the master again. Is there no end to your talents?
    A true cereal board artist.
  10. jetrock

jetrock Member

You might just use wild rice for corn--you could paint on a little green, since corn in a crib would still be in a husk, right?
  11. capt_turk

capt_turk Member

Where's the two hole outhouse?
    Nice bill'ns!!
  12. capt_turk

capt_turk Member

Would have to a a box of corncobs or a Rear's and Sawbuck catalog hang'n on the door.!
  13. Matthyro

Good idea Jetrock.
    Capt turk I guess I should build the two holer so that will come next.
  14. capt_turk

capt_turk Member

And of course, ya need's a root cellar, a well, and a wood shed with a kid getting the tar waled out him behind it.
  15. TrainClown

TrainClown Member

I like your farm. Must be a real challenge to work with them little bitty bits. What about a windmill? Shouldn't your farm have a windmill? Or maybe a well?

Just thinkin' with my fingers.

TrainClown :)

16. jasbourre

jasbourre Member

Hay TrainClown cool windmill did you make it from a plan?
  17. TrainClown

TrainClown Member

Hi jasbourre. Nope I just eye-balled it. I saw some real ones out here on the flats and took a look on the web for further ideas. I always ment to add a service platform at the top and a ladder, and I will some day.

TrainClown ;)
  18. Matthyro

I have scratchbuilt one windmill which is on my ranch. I will make a smaller one for the farm. That's a nice one you made TC. What did you make the blades from?

Attached Files:

• wm.jpg
      File size:
      29.1 KB
  19. TrainClown

TrainClown Member

I made the blades from 20 lb. paper. The lumber is balsa wood. A piece of 20 gauge wire for the pipe and a pin for the shaft. It spins too. ;)

TrainClown :D

P.S. I think an old well would suit your farm too. You know. One with a little roof and a pump.

Where's the out house? :rolleyes:
  20. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Don't know how I missed this thread, but the farm buildings look fantastic Robin!!!!! You just about have the whole country covered with your layout! :thumb: :thumb: