motor

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by hofer07, Feb 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hofer07

hofer07 New Member

Finally

I have a tc3

intellispeed 12t esc
    trinity calibur motor 12t motor

and I just have puchaced epic 3300 mah NMH batteries. I have been running the 1500 mah nicads. The car lasted a lot longer on this battery and I noticed that the motor had gotten warmer but not to hot to touch. Well I turned off the car and charged another battery. The next day I put the charged battery in and the motor was bound up and and smoked if I tryed to accelerate it. I removed the motor and loosen the motor by grabbing the pinion gear. It works ok now. Is this normal or is it that I have one of trinity cheapest motors. I live in the high desert so it is dry and no humidity. Can that effect it.
  2. timrock

timrock Active Member

the motor was bound up?what do you mean?
  3. mastmec

mastmec Member

Was there trash inside the motor? You will need to check the brushes or change them if it smoked, they are probably burnt. And your ok in the desert, just not in the sand :)
  4. timrock

timrock Active Member

smoke from the motor ususaly means burnt armature.i have burnt many armatures.
  5. hofer07

hofer07 New Member

Motor was bound up, You can take the motor off and the pinion does not turn. To loosen, I grabed the pinion gear with a pair of pliers. The some was from the wires getting hot and almost desoldering from their connections. I get the feeling that it is the quality of the motor.
  6. mastmec

mastmec Member

Take the motor apart and see whats causing it to lock up, check the bearings.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.