motor noise

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by danny_holtermann, Nov 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. When I first was using my mototr it sounded good, and then it got losse so I tightened it, but now it makes a weird whining noise
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

what got lose... the cooling head, backplate.. came lose from engine mounts....
  3. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

electric or nitro?
  4. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

duh that should have been the first question instead of thinking it was nitro only lmao!!!!!!!
  5. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

If I had to guess he is talking about the mount to the chassis of a nitro. When it was re-tightened the gear mesh was incorect (too tight). If you use a piece of paper inbetween the spur and the clutch bell then tighten it down you should have the correct mesh. Basically just slide the engine away from the spur gear a "TINY" bit. That should cure ya.
  6. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

did you do what rock said... and try and ajust the gear mesh that might have been the problem?
  7. Yes, it still makes a weird buzz noise I took a buggy blast and blasted it and the noise went away for a while then came back
  8. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

it sounds as if there is something inside the motor maybe some dirt or soemthing.
  9. I'm got it working good, I took off the motor cap and found a screw in it, I went and drove it a little then i broke the truck
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.