Motor Help

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by Shadowcat, Mar 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadowcat

Shadowcat New Member

Well, Im not too knowledgeable about motors, so try to keep explanations noob-friendly, shall we say, as I red from off the package. ^_^;

I got two motors from radioshack that run on 9 to 18 volts. The number on the package says 273-256 and I think thats just an id number in case you want to find its specs.

It runs at 18k RPM, has a stall torque of 350 g, and maximum efficiency torque is 72.0 g/cm.

Anyways, these motors are going to be applied into a Sumo Robot which will enter a competition for fun; Its really a school module in an electronics course that needs to get done and the teacher is putting our bots in the local sumo competition as our exam in the module. :p

Would two of these motors, when attached to a gearbox, be pretty good for this usage (Sumo Robot wrestling). ^_^;
  2. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

I wouldn't be able to say for sure but we have used the same motors in the Radio Shack that I work at to drill through light plastic. I dont know if that helps you but I dont really know the specs on just what that motor would be moving. Also what kinda torque it would need to do it. why not just use a ultra torque servo they go for $40$. Can you provide any info on the the "BOT" that you creating?
  3. You are in the wrong section, go post at electronics
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.