Motor cycle and sidecar combination model anywhere?

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by sdr mike, Feb 25, 2006.

1. sdr mike

sdr mike New Member

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has come across a motorcycle and sidecar combination model anywhere.If so,please let me know.
    Thanks Mike.

currently building Fordson Tractor.
  2. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Motorcycle with sidecar

Hi Mike!

That´s a really interesting subject for a paper model build! I assume you want a vintage Harley-Davidson, Indian, Henderson, Excelsior, Super-X or perhaps a German BMW (have you seen the war movie "Where Eagles Dare" from 1968 with Richard Burton & Clint Eastwood?) or perhaps the Russian BMW copy "Djnepr"???
    I haven´t seen a sidecar so far but there are some very nice motorcycle paper models at "the YAMAHA MOTOR realistic paper craft" site:
    The "Drag Star Classic Eleven" 1100cc model is a traditional (Harley-like) looking motorcycle. Perhaps you can design your own side car to go with it?
    Modelik or one of the other Polish paper model producers might have a model of a WW II BMW with a side car.. I don´t know at the moment but if I find anything I´ll post it to you!

best regards,
    Bengt Fredén8)
  3. sdr mike

sdr mike New Member

Thanks for your reply - I hadn't thought of designing it myself!! But that is not a bad idea - I have already got the Yamaha models ready to start eventually,sometime-well you know how it is,you see one model, then find another... and another!!!! Back to designing one myself-if I used the Drag star eleven,the sidecar wheel would already be done with a bit of down sizing maybe, so I may have a go!!! Although it would still be nice to see if there are any 'ready to do' models out there somewhere.

4. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Motorcycle with sidecar

Hi again, Mike!
    Yep, I suppose something really nice could be done with the YAMAHA Drag Star 1100 model - apart from down-scaling a spoked wheel, you could probably use the gas tank or fender parts (several of them) to build your own design of a comfortable side car in the same colour as the bike, with a white leather seat for the little lady..!

Or, here´s another suggestion:
    Why not try to scratch build a Harley-Davidson 45cu inch Servi-Car? That´s the three-wheeler delivery bike (with a big box in the rear) that Harley-Davidson made from the 45cu inch WL side-valve model - it also featured a reverse gear instead of one of the forward gears.
    If there is a 45 WL paper model somewhere, it could probably be converted into a Servi-Car, or perhaps build a side car for this machine?
    But of course, the real treat would be an Indian 74cu inch "Big Chief Roadmaster" (red or red/white) with a wind shield and a streamlined side car in matching colour with a spoked 16" inch wheel and Indian fender..!
    We see quite a few of them here in Sweden in the summer!
    I ride a 80 cu inch Harley myself when the sun is shining...

Live to Ride!
    Bengt8) 8) 8)
    (Why not build something like this with a side car? /my own pic from last summer´s big "Mälaren Lake Run")

Attached Files:

5. sdr mike

sdr mike New Member

Yes the Indian does sound a nice idea,and using other 'bits' to make up the body for the Eleven is also a good idea. I used to have a 'Watsonian' sidecar on a Suzuki GS400 along time since (nigh on 20 years!) and my wife would never let me near one again-except on paper!!! With the kids,they'd never all get on......then again, one thinks!!!! Seriously though,I just had this mad idea...why not make one from a paper seems no-one else has done so yet that I know of?? So,maybe it's time to jump in with both feet?

6. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Motorcycle with sidecar

Sure Mike!
    GO FOR IT!
    Bengt8) 8) 8)
  7. missnatti

missnatti New Member

there is a harley davidson on
    its pretty basic design, but you could amend it
  8. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Harley-Davidson Card Model

Yeah, this model is VERY basic . . . one for the kiddies?
    I was thinking more in terms of the fine Yamaha card models but I don´t think there are any Harleys or Indians around. At least I haven´t seen any so far.
    And Harley-Davidson Co. is very picky with what they put their brand on . . .

However, we´ll find a model, or make one ourselves from scratch, won´t we?
    Bengt 8)
  9. nx13688

nx13688 Member

10. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

BMW R-16 Motorcycle With Sidecar

Wow, Ryan,

That looks really nice! I´ll look for it in my new Schreiber-Bogen catalogue for 2006. It´s in 1:10th scale - that´s interesting, indeed!
  11. rickstef

rickstef Guest

1:12 i think

12. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

13. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Motorcycle with sidecar

Hi jaybats,

You must be kidding . . .

14. rickstef

rickstef Guest

It is in keeping with the topic at hand

it is the only free motorcycle and sidecar papermodel out there

15. rwguess

rwguess Member

he has to be kidding lol

i know thats not the kind of motorcycle you are referring to lol
  16. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Motorcycle with sidecar

Hi rwguess,

I think so, too. But everyone is entitled to have some fun every now and then! It´s just me who´s dead serious about everything.. lol

The BMW from Schreiber look quite nice, though, but something has to be done with the spoked wheels, and tires, at THAT scale...
    Wouldn´t you agree?

17. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Ha ha ha!

Hey, it was good for a laugh!
    I found it funny!:grin:
  18. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

hako clones are always should see the rest of the characters in those webpages...

but for serious modelling, perhaps you could just design the sidecars and attach them to the few motorcycle models available, such as here:

it's part of a japanese cardmodel links collection page; i've been getting my cardmodels from there,, and the taiwanese site.
  19. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Motorcycle with sidecar

Hi Jaybats,

Nice link - there´s the Yamaha 1100 Drag Star again. And some other interesting bikes and cars. I´ll have to check those Harley choppers -
    are they real card models?

20. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

Hi, Bengt: sorry, dunno, haven't gotten around to trying those motorcycle models yet...was wondering whether those Harley choppers were from "American Chopper" or something...