Most Reliable Ho Turnout....

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by Boberto, Sep 6, 2001.

1. Boberto

Boberto New Member

I am in need of input in regards to HO turnouts. I've been away from the hobby for a while and would like to build a small logging layout in HO scale.

I've looked at Atlas Code 83, Walthers/Shinohara Code 70 and Peco Code 75.... I'd appreciate any input on the reliability and (secondly) the appearance of the various types of track.

The flex track will likely go as tight as 16" to 18" radius at a spot or two. And I'm going to stick mostly with #4 turnouts and a couple of wye switches.

Thanks....:confused:
  2. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

Turnouts

Hi Boberto, adn welcome to The Guage!;)

I started with Peco code 75 flextrack and turnouts. I found the turnouts good a reliable, with the turnout motors fitting and operating well. I have had not experience with other brands as yet.

Appearance of the track and turnouts is fine. I have weathered and ballasted the track of course, however the turnouts can be difficult to ballast without affecting their operations. (Mostly cause I'm a lousy ballaster!

Logging layouts seem popular, cause I suppose you can get away with a smaller radius.