Mosquito FB VI - Orlik

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by KPawel, Nov 5, 2008.

1. KPawel

KPawel New Member

Hello everybody!

Today I'd like to show some pictures of my recently completed Mosquito Fb VI - issued by Orlik, designed by Lukasz Fuczek.
    The model is made without landing gear - to make it look good under the ceiling :)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. sr5nm

sr5nm Member

Looks wonderful. Your building, filling and painting skills are quite formidable.
  3. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

Wow! fantastic job of a beautiful aircraft. Always a joy to see at the air displays although sadly now none are flying in the UK.
  4. David H

David H Member

Woow! You have really done this justice. Congratulations.

5. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

6. exzealot

exzealot Member

What else can I say!

7. This plane was a real workhorse. Made of wood, cheap to build but an amazing contribution to the war in England and Germany.

Beautiful job on the build.
  8. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Pawel, were there any fit problems with construction?
  9. eric_son

eric_son Member

That is simply amazing!
  10. KPawel

KPawel New Member

Not really - everything goes together pretty smoothly. You have to be very careful with front fuselage framework to keep it straight. The other thing is that fitting of engines onto the wings strongly depends on proper shape of wings' profile. As far as I remember one former in the nose has guns-cutouts wrongly positioned - easy to spot when you put it together with skin segment.

11. Wily

Wily Member

Please describe your technique in getting the curves (such as noses) so perfect!

Wonderful work.

12. dhanners

dhanners Member

I'd say "Wow!" but A) it's already been said and B) this build goes beyond a simple "Wow!"

Amazing and inspirational work. And I, too, would like some insights into your technique for things like the nose and spinners. They came out great.

Thanks for sharing the photos.
  13. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Fabulous Model and Build!!!
  14. KPawel

KPawel New Member

Thanks for your kind comments guys!
    As for the curves on the nose and spinners - after glueing their segments together they were covered with cyanoacrylate and sanded to obtain desired profile. At the end the spinners were just painted with Humrol enamel. The nose was treated by rubbing in some dry chalk colors in order to camouflage the joints and cyanoacrylate layer, preserving the original printed colours at the same time.

15. Wily

Wily Member

Thank you, KPawel.