More removable "E"oads...

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by MasonJar, Apr 25, 2003.

1. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Here are a few pictures of a couple of loads I made up. This first is a coal load made from a chunk of blue foam, black craft paint, and aquarium gravel.

Carve the foam to fit. Paint liberally with black craft paint from the dollar store. Sprinkle on black aquarium gravel (also from the dollar store) while the paint is still wet. Let dry.

That's it.

Attached Files:

2. MasonJar

Coal - empty and loaded

Here is another shot.

Attached Files:

3. MasonJar

Flat car load

This is a flat car load of scale 6"x6"x18' timbers. They are actually craft sticks (about 1000 for $3). Slightly smaller and longer than matches, and "finished" better too.

Picture was taken at "sunset" ;)

All models are HO scale.

Attached Files:

4. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was just thinking what to put in my new coal cars - Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm Aquarium gravel you say????

I guess some Pics will be in order when I try it.. Thanks for the tip! :D :D :D
  5. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Nice lookin Eoads! Havn't seen the little buggers running around here lately. :D :D :D
  6. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Those are some real nice Eoads Andrew, well done!!! :cool:
  7. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Yup thanks for the ideas. Will try them out.
  8. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Nice stuff Andrew, fun to do as well. Just one thing, since I still haven't graduated from Newbie Tech, could someone tell me what Eoad stands for?:confused: Loads, yes, Eoads, dunno:rolleyes:

Hmm, first LBP's, now Eoads. Will I every learn this stuff....:) :)

9. MasonJar

I believe that "E"oads got their start as a Jon-monon typo. ;)

If not, maybe someone will supply the correct story...

10. Tyson Rayles

The typo part is right Andrew, but I'm pretty sure it was Charlie's. Still can't figure it out though because the L and the E are not close together on the keyboard. :confused: :eek: :D
  11. jimmybeersa

jimmybeersa Member

Nice Loads Andrew Wish we had a $ Store here in the third world
  12. MasonJar

Thanks for the comments guys...

Thanks for the correction...

I kinda wondered that when I wrote the explanation .... :confused:

13. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Re: Thanks

Ahh, now I don't feel as stupid as I did :p Well, not for this reason anyway:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

D:D N
  14. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Yeah, Yeah...It was me!:eek: :D :p :rolleyes: :D
    "Removable Eoads", "Bug Brushes", "Loading Socks", "Wood Sises Goindolas"...:eek: :D :rolleyes: ...yep, all products of my ham-fisted typing technique! :rolleyes:
    Hey, while everyone else was in typing class, I was hangin' out in the back parking lot! ;) And y'know, Tyson, if ya spend too long doin' that stuff, the L & the E can be just about anywhere!:p :eek: :D
  15. Tyson Rayles

Charlie I've had my share and will have more typos in the future, but for some reason mine haven't gotten the fame and following yours have!!! :D :D :D :D
  16. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Geeze, it's bad enough to learning a whole new vocabulary without having to filter out stuff like this.:eek: :eek: Me, I paid attention in typing class, it was spelling class where I spent my time in the parking lot....:p :p :p :p

Ya got me on this one;)

17. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

No matter what, all these fun things make the Gauge the best place to come and get a smile or two. Keep it up guys!!!:D :D :D
  18. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Ahhhhhmmmmmm just what did we smoke out in that parking lot??? :D :D :D

My bigest typo problem is my right hand constanly tries to outrun the left. 99% of my "the"s come out "hte" and I get sick of editing them and just leave 'em broke. Write slopy and ya can't tell I can't spell :)
  19. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

ynA ecnahc er'ew lla cixelsyd dna t'nac tpecca ti?:D :D :D :D

N;) D
  20. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

Try this:
    At my work we have a software company that is called
    HTE. So the auto correct on our Word Processors keep
    switching it.:rolleyes: :D