More photos of #3780

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Ray Marinaccio, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

Attached Files:

2. Ray Marinaccio

Attached Files:

3. Ray Marinaccio

Last one

Attached Files:

4. Ray Marinaccio

Come on guys, does it look that bad?
    Maybe I should take the doctor's advice and give up modeling.
    I thought it turned out Pretty good for a guy who doctors said would be lucky to wipe his own butt. Oh well
  5. belg

belg Member

Ray at the risk of being bold I think it is a very nice loco but almost everything is the same color. Maybe with even some slight variations in the black/grey tones I think things would pop out more. A few small light highlight would tremendously improve the overall appearance.All this is said strictly IMHO and to be be constructive not critical. Pat
  6. Ray Marinaccio

Thank you for your response and honest opinion.
    Sorry about the attitude but it seemed like noone shows an interest if it isn't perfect.
  7. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

Still looks good.

Hi Ray
    I was just looking at the thread showing how you put all of this together. As Pat pointed out some highlighting might help, but the photos that I saw over there were much better than these. The problem might not be the model, so much as the photography. The other pictures were dynamic while these were a little flat. I'm certainly no expert, but like they say,"I can't describe art, but I can tell you when I see it." :) Still looks good.
  8. Ray Marinaccio

Thanks for your input , Clark
    Some of the AT&SF 4-8-4s were dressed up a bit. I chose to model a plain jane .
    I will be the first to say , I can't take a good photo.
    And I doen't claim to be a" model railroad god."

I deleted the rest of the message,
    it was in bad taste ,
    not directed at anyone in perticular.
  9. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

I think it looks damn good Ray and I just saw this part of the thread. Keep it comin! :eek: :eek: :D
  10. McFortner

McFortner Member

Ray, I wish I had half of your tallent with shop tools. I'm lucky if I can use a hammer. That engine kicks a**-and-a-half! :D

So when are you going to start giving classes? :)

11. Ray Marinaccio

Thank you all for the compliments and opinions, they mean more to me that you can imagin.
  12. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

You have earned every one of them. It's absolutely unbelieveable what you do.

13. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Nothin' ta be ashamed of there, Ray. Dambid good modelin' if ya asks me! Myself, I like the monotone effect. I saw you posts early on, but didn't have time to reply, as I described in the general forum. I don't know why that happens sometimes, when people don't respond for a while. I guess the more active gaugers just aren't on and it gets pushed down the list. Sometimes I see one I missed a day or two ago, and don't know how I missed it. Anywho, nice one!