More photos of #3780

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
Come on guys, does it look that bad?
Maybe I should take the doctor's advice and give up modeling.
I thought it turned out Pretty good for a guy who doctors said would be lucky to wipe his own butt. Oh well

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Ray at the risk of being bold I think it is a very nice loco but almost everything is the same color. Maybe with even some slight variations in the black/grey tones I think things would pop out more. A few small light highlight would tremendously improve the overall appearance.All this is said strictly IMHO and to be be constructive not critical. Pat

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
Still looks good.

Hi Ray
I was just looking at the thread showing how you put all of this together. As Pat pointed out some highlighting might help, but the photos that I saw over there were much better than these. The problem might not be the model, so much as the photography. The other pictures were dynamic while these were a little flat. I'm certainly no expert, but like they say,"I can't describe art, but I can tell you when I see it." :) Still looks good.

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
Thanks for your input , Clark
Some of the AT&SF 4-8-4s were dressed up a bit. I chose to model a plain jane .
I will be the first to say , I can't take a good photo.
And I doen't claim to be a" model railroad god."

I deleted the rest of the message,
it was in bad taste ,
not directed at anyone in perticular.

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Nothin' ta be ashamed of there, Ray. Dambid good modelin' if ya asks me! Myself, I like the monotone effect. I saw you posts early on, but didn't have time to reply, as I described in the general forum. I don't know why that happens sometimes, when people don't respond for a while. I guess the more active gaugers just aren't on and it gets pushed down the list. Sometimes I see one I missed a day or two ago, and don't know how I missed it. Anywho, nice one!