More on paper weights

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by archangel1, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. archangel1

archangel1 Member

Evening, all!
    I realize this has been touched on in other threads but maybe not quite from this slant. It's directed more at those folks who design the wonderful free models we find on the net, which are greatly appreciated, make no mistake about that!
    Would it be too much trouble to include a note as to which weight of paper you would recommend in building your offering, rather than the far too ambiguous 'print on card'? I don't want to print something using 110# card when I could have gotten away with 90# or even 67#. I notice Leo C. has been adding a table to his latest creations and most of the commercial ventures seem to mention it in their instructions.
    Just a thought.
    Mike :wave:
  2. blackarrow

blackarrow New Member

This is very interesting thing...

I am also looking for somebody that can answer to this question you posted.
  3. blackarrow

blackarrow New Member

My question is: what paper weight should I use for building airplane models? I would like to know what paper weight use GPM, Maly Modelarz and other for their paper kits...
  4. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

My calipers show 0.21 mm for Halinski, 0.22-0.23 for GPM, 0.21 for Orlik, so they are all about the same.

0.21 is the same thickness as my Wausa bright white 65 Lb cover stock.

5. archangel1

archangel1 Member

The Card Modelling FAQ lists several of the common manufacturers' paper weights. Go to Section 7.2.

Card Modeling FAQ

Mike :wave:
  6. dansls1

dansls1 Member

With my work calipers I got 0.22 mm for the Halinski's and my 65 lb. bright white cover stock, as well as for the Modelik BF109 I'm building.
  7. Ron Caudillo

Ron Caudillo Creative Advisory Consultant Moderator

Paper weights

This is a great suggestion and I think I will incorporate it into my future models.

Someday when I have nothing better to do (and the hard drive has been checked for errors and defragged, duplicates deleted, file structure reorganized), and its raining, I may have to change my older releases to reflect this suggestion!

Best Regards,
    Ron Caudillo

P.S. This really is a great suggestion, keep this type coming!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.