More fun with models

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by scon10, May 12, 2008.

1. scon10

scon10 Member

There was a thread some time ago, where members showed trick and tabletop photo's of their models, which was very impressive.
    I can't find that thread so to show yet another fake photo of some models I started this one.

As I am building a Douglas DC 6B from scratch, and in mixed technique, balsa and paper, I have now completed the right wing with engines. I tried to picture this as you would have seen it from the cabin looking outside, and to dress things up, I put in a real aerial view (over the west coast of Holland), a model of the Super Constellation and one of the Fokker F-XXVI of 1934.

They were made with a Canon Powershot A-95 set to macro, which gives a nice perspective depth at such close range, and adjusted it with Paint Shop Pro. The whirling propeller was made using Effects, Wind.
    The other pic shows the set-up, clamping the wing to a suitable object, setting it nicely in the sun and taking the picture.

I am also working on a shot of the wing as seen from the front cabin, looking more up front of the engines.

Best regards,

Attached Files:

2. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

I really like that technique of photographing off the wing. You do an excellent job.
  3. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

That is a nice formation flight picture you put together. Good technique.:thumb:
  4. logicman

logicman Greybeard

Excellent cabin view shot!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

I've taken the liberty of posting a link to your thread in Spankybird's railroad Photo fun thread - it's about shooting through windows.

5. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

...I'm impressed...!