More fish than you care to wish...

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Stev0, May 25, 2006.

1. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

2. hpept

hpept Member

i already found the link some time ago, and i was wondering how they look when finished. From photos they look quite realistic. Did someone already build them? Do you think it worths assembling?
  3. swiftsword

swiftsword Member

I've got one hanging in my office - it is quite realistic! The fit was good, but there is no internal structure, which makes accurate assembly a bit of a pain. I ended up stuffing it with cotton balls to keep the shape while working on it.

4. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Ditto swiftsword.............. they need extra internal stuffing to look correct......... worth a build if you haven't yet!
  5. Bluenoser

Bluenoser Member

I did one as well. However, I did not find it necessary to put anything inside to keep the shape. I have had it displayed in the bathroom (fishing theme) for a couple years now and even with all the humidity it still looks great.
  6. hpept

hpept Member

thanks for the feedback pals, sooner or later i will try one of them.
  7. Glossy paper (or multiple thin coats of gloss spray) will definitely help the realism. I also made the eyes more 3-D by placing small drops of thick white glue (Aileene's Tacky) over the eyes and left them to dry before cutting out the parts.

My rainbow trout is mounted by a small wire (partially hidden by the fins) to a wood base covered with gravel that simulates a streambed. It's quite an eye-catcher.
  8. Bluenoser

Bluenoser Member

Would love to see a picture of this David if you have one.
  9. cdcoyle

cdcoyle Member

I have built five of these -- they are quite addictive. And they do look realistic. I've thought about doing the diorama thing, like David, but haven't gotten too it yet.