More coal related buildings

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by MasonJar, Apr 14, 2004.

1. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

I seem to have developed a need/liking/obsession/whatever with coal related buildings.

As if my original coal shed and scale house were not enough, I recently bought a Walthers 'O.L. King & Sons Coal' and then was talked into building another Hamilton Model Works coal dealer.

As you can see below, I have modified the original three bay building to only two to fit the space available on the St Lawrence Division (NMRA) switching module.

I stained the wood with India ink and alcohol, and painted the roof with a combination of Model Master 'rust" (base coat) and dry brushing with craft paints.

Attached Files:

2. MasonJar

Here is the scratch-built scale house and platform to go with it.

The scale house has a full interior with scratch-built desk, chair, bulletin board, scale mechanism, flooring, assorted papers on the desk, and a wall clock. I will have an interior shot sometime soon.

Attached Files:

3. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Looks very nice, n-scale? :thumb:
  4. MasonJar

It's HO scale Tyson...

5. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Looks great Andrew!

Making some woodbeam archbar trucks? Or are they commercial? Like to compare notes on those. I have an MR article on converting to wood beam.
  6. MasonJar

Sorry, jon,

The pictures are from the club display table at the last meeting. I can't take credit for those... ;)

They are from another member, whose web site is here. They are part of his On3 flatcar project. I have attached a better shot of them here for you...

Attached Files:

7. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

8. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Nice work Andrew.
  9. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: I approve. FRED
  10. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Thumbs Up!