More coal related buildings

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
I seem to have developed a need/liking/obsession/whatever with coal related buildings.

As if my original coal shed and scale house were not enough, I recently bought a Walthers 'O.L. King & Sons Coal' and then was talked into building another Hamilton Model Works coal dealer.

As you can see below, I have modified the original three bay building to only two to fit the space available on the St Lawrence Division (NMRA) switching module.

I stained the wood with India ink and alcohol, and painted the roof with a combination of Model Master 'rust" (base coat) and dry brushing with craft paints.

Andrew

Attachments

• coalshed.jpg
    coalshed.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 267

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Here is the scratch-built scale house and platform to go with it.

The scale house has a full interior with scratch-built desk, chair, bulletin board, scale mechanism, flooring, assorted papers on the desk, and a wall clock. I will have an interior shot sometime soon.

Andrew

Attachments

• scale house.jpg
    scale house.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 254

jon-monon

Looks great Andrew!

Making some woodbeam archbar trucks? Or are they commercial? Like to compare notes on those. I have an MR article on converting to wood beam.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Originally posted by jon-monon
Looks great Andrew!

Making some woodbeam archbar trucks? Or are they commercial? Like to compare notes on those. I have an MR article on converting to wood beam.

Sorry, jon,

The pictures are from the club display table at the last meeting. I can't take credit for those... ;)

They are from another member, whose web site is here. They are part of his On3 flatcar project. I have attached a better shot of them here for you...

Andrew

Attachments

• trucks.jpg
    trucks.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 256