More British Rail Pics

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- International' started by grumbeast, Apr 19, 2003.

1. grumbeast

grumbeast Member

Hi Guys,

I've finally got around to scanning some of my pics from British Rail in the 80s and have put them up on a website. If anyone
    is interested they are at :

These were taken by a 12 - 17 yr old me so don't expect
    masterpieces! :)

sample below of one of the most beautiful locomotives in the world!

Attached Files:

2. swissjohn

swissjohn Member

I Agree.
    "Castles" are Grrrrrreat :) :) :)
  3. interurban

interurban Active Member

EEEEEEEH I `ve gone all funny inside :D
    Brings back Memories:D
    Keep them coming:p
  4. grumbeast

grumbeast Member

Those are beautiful pics Jon, doesn't progress stink!!

5. Bob Collins

Bob Collins Active Member

A couple of years ago I had the great good fortune to spend an entire afternoon at the railway museum in York. Needless to say I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.

I can't image that there is anything associated with British rail history that isn't represented there in some fashion.

Thought it interesting that next door to the railroad station in York is a rather extensive model railroad. Unfortunately it looked tired and was certainly in need of dusting for starters.

6. Lightbender

Lightbender Member

Growing up in the '50's and early '60's I was surounded by Southern steam and filled a few boxes with slides. Sadly these have not survived but during a cull back then a few pics that I was throwing out got snagged by my kid brother. He gave them back to me some 40+ years later, funny how that works. I apologise for the quality.
    The Golden Arrow with some kind of diesel
    41300 at Cricklewood I think
    32662 at Tunbridge Wells West
    34046 'Braunton' WC rebuild at Bournemouth Station
    34055 'Fighter Pilot' BB at Bournemouth Station
    32339 2-6-0 'K' at Bournemouth Station
    34050 'Royal Observer Corps' BB rebuild at Bournemouth Station
    5051 3rd rail electric "Brighton Belle" The worlds only all Pullman train. Yup that's the front end, probably the most luxurious locomotive built..haha.
    34060 "25 Squadron" BB rebuild at the bottom of our garden.
  7. grumbeast

grumbeast Member

Those are great to see lightbender

They certainly are very evocative and bring back some great memories of spotting as a boy