Monday; LaGrange Schenectady Erie Eddystone...

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

I did not get much done over the weekend. I did get the caboose/office onto the layout.

What is your favorite proto locomotive builder? Is it EMD, ALCO, GE, Baldwin, or some other, or do you have more than one?

Since I began modeling I discovered ALCO diesels and I just can’t to seem to get enough of them. Probably about 75% of my diesel fleet is ALCO’s. The rest are either EMD or GE. I currently do not have any Baldwin diesels and that is something I need to correct.

My steam fleet is not based on any one builder because they are all knid of generic for their class.

UP SD40-2

tough question, i would say i have 4 favorites, but honestly, i like AT LEAST 1 type of Loco from ALL the builders;) . TOP 4; (in no particular order)Fairbanks-Morse, EMD, Alco and GE.:thumb:

MilesWestern

I like these manufacturers in this order! :thumb:

1. Alco
2.EMD
3.SP's Sacremento Shops
4. Cooke
5.Baldwin
6..H.K. Porter
7.Witcomb
8.Climax
9. GE
10.Lima

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Judging by my model roster it must be EMD! I've even built and EMD styled control stand to house my MRC power pack. Love them Geeps, F's, and SDs!!!
Ralph

ezdays

Out AZ way
Can't say that I have a preference. Really sorry, but when I bought my locos, I just made sure they ran well, they looked good, had the features I wanted and and were priced right. Some I didn't have any choice, but the price was indeed too tempting to pass up. Kinda like when I go out to buy a vehicle, I'm usually not too sure what I'm going to come home with.:D :D

Russ Bellinis

I guess I'm partial to Alcos even though I model Santa Fe and they never had very many. I think the last Alcos they bought were the Pa's. In fact I was even tempted to model the Arkansas & Missouri in order to run an all Alco railroad, but my wife said one layout room was enough!

Jac's Lines

Alco Diesels are pretty cool. There's a pair of C424s that smokes their way along the local shortline, about 1/2 mile from my house every Monday, Tuesday and Friday. They've also got a RS3 that sometimes creaks and groans past.

For steam, I'd have to say a toss up between Lima and Climax. Geared steam is awesome!