Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by BARX2, Apr 10, 2008.

1. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Attached Files:

2. jparenti

jparenti Member

It looks really good! Very clean build. Where did you get this? Was it one of the ABC models?
  3. wedge

wedge Member

You are right , this is abc model of molnija and there were 2 different variants (this is the better one :) ) the second was all yellow (with textures of course)

And for JOE: Very nice and cute model :thumb::mrgreen:
  4. BARX2

BARX2 Member

It does appear to be an ABC model. I learned about it on the Yahoo Space Paper Models forum. It is linked to the Wikipedia article about the Molniya satellite. Here's the link:

Molniya (satellite) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  5. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Thanks, wedge. I used Paint Shop to clean it up a little. I used the Fade Correction filter and it really brought out the colors. :)
  6. BARX2

BARX2 Member

I just remembered to add a back view of the model. Pardon the clutter! :eek:

Attached Files:

7. jparenti

jparenti Member

I wouldn't call that clutter. That's a nice collection!
    You did a great job updating that Molniya. I was actually under the impression that you used the original pages. The colors really bring the detail out.
  8. gpw

gpw Member

I agree. Very nice collection indeed.

9. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

You have your very own rocket park. Nice builds.
  10. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Thanks. I really need to build some stands and a nicer display. Fortunately, there's no shortage of free rocket models to build. :)
  11. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

Excellent job on your build. I especially like the "reflections" in the solar panels.
  12. papadenati

papadenati New Member

I can't find this molniya model on the web!:curse:
    Any help??:twisted: