Moldy Crow WIP

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Millenniumfalsehood, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Much as I'd like to, I can't really take credit for the textures. Although I did do the walls and ceiling of the cockpit myself, I got a majority of these textures from the Dark Forces and Jedi Knight mods for Jedi Academy. They look excellent on the Crow, don't you think? :mrgreen:

I began unfolding the cockpit in Pepakura today. It should be done by Wednesday at the latest. Then I can concentrate on Jan and Kyle. They both are in Jedi Outcast and Academy, but I think the Dark Forces mod for JA has a better-looking Kyle, so I'll use him for my guy.

Does anyone want a bigger scale than 1:48? Like maybe 1:35 or 1:24? It wouldn't be a problem to upscale it in Pepakura and it would be easier to assemble the smaller bits like the hoses and antennas.
  2. archangel1

archangel1 Member

I, for one, would have no objections to a larger model, although I am certainly happy to have it in 1/48. You do realize, though, that if you also offer the diorama bases in the larger scales, you may have to park the car on the street to use the garage for a display room! :rolleyes:

Mike :wave:
  3. Millenniumfalsehood

Well then shoot, there goes my plans for a life-sized Anoat City landing zone . . . sign1 I may do the ship in 1:35 and then also in 1:72. The dioramas would only be for smaller scales, like 1:48 and 1:72.
  4. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

1/24 would be cool for me I'll probably do the landing gear in 1/24 just as a study anyway. You know, I can't find my Dark Forces CD, I'm going to have to see if I can't find another copy of this. I may have loaded it out....
  5. Millenniumfalsehood

Do you have Jedi Academy? If so, I'd suggest downloading the Dark Forces mod and playing it. It's just like the original game, except with improved graphics and more refined maps(the functions of some of the areas like the huge courtyard in front of the bridge at Talay and some of the sewer systems at Anoat are kind of hard to rationalize, but the DFMod does a good job of providing a reason for everything).
  6. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

OK, I found my Dark Forces CD, but I also have Jedi Knight II, Jedi Outcast and have just bought a copy of BattleFront II on DVD. There are boatloads of models in that. So, I'm loading up DF and I'm going to give it a look over. Are there any DF mods for the other two games mentioned? I have to do some tweaks to BFII to get the interface to work better for me, but I'm good on the other two.
  7. Millenniumfalsehood

They did release a 3-level mod for Jedi Outcast, but all of the later mods are for Jedi Academy, which can be had at Walmart for $10. You have to modify the filename of a couple of folders and files before the mod will work, but it's still not too much work to do in preparation for playing the game.

I'm almost done unfolding the cockpit. Just one more seat and throttle control to go, then I can model Jan and Kyle.
  8. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Very cool, I'll have to give Wally World a shot, that's where I picked up BFII.

Looking forward to the cockpit.:mrgreen:
  9. Millenniumfalsehood

You won't have to wait long; I've finished unfolding it in Pepakura! :mrgreen:

Now I am going to start in on Kyle and move to Jan. The textures are all there in the DF mod and I have an idea as to how to use them. Later I may develop a 1:1 weapons set based on the original arsenal: Modified Bryar Rifle, E-11 Blaster rifle, Thermal Detonator, Jeron Fusion Cutter, Imperial Repeater, I.M. Mine, Pakard Mortar Gun, Concussion Rifle, and Assault Cannon.

I'm also interested in developing the Dark Trooper series.

This has turned into quite a project. :rolleyes:
  10. wedge

wedge Member

HI everybody,I am with my platoon on some military training ,but i have internet in my cellphone so I can watch your(our)beautiful work. i just love it! :)
  11. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

Looking great, I have a sort of love hate relationship with Dark Forces as my ex brother inlaw used to load it on his pc when my Father was in the hospice, he would turn the shield right up set the baddies and leave me to blast away my frustrations, very theraputic. Love the sound of the 1/1 weapons and would love to see the Dark Troopers. I have it on disc somewhere but I dont know if it will still play on a xp pc.
  12. jxn1138

jxn1138 Member

Oh wow, it's like waiting for Christmas! Ha ha, I can't wait to build this!
  13. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Whoot! Sounds like fun. Yeah, don't you love when the project just takes on a life of its own?
  14. Millenniumfalsehood

It plays okay on an XP, but the sound won't work on my computer. Also, there's some artifacts that appear at the bottom of my screen.

I'm building the generic bases for the figures now, but it'll probably be a while before I get a humanoid base I'm happy with. Machines are one thing, but trying to get a realistic human in Metasequoia is a PITA for me. I frustrate my art teachers all the time because of my inability to produce a good-looking person. sign1

Nevertheless, I'm determined to persevere and get this done. I think the Kyle and Jan models in JO would be a good base to go off of, so I'm using them as a spring-board.
  15. Millenniumfalsehood

Just a minor FYI: the design of the Dark Trooper Phase 1 should look something like this:

16. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Very cool. BTW, I cannot get DF to work in Xp, no matter what compatibility setting I use.
  17. Millenniumfalsehood

The Mod or the original game?
  18. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

It's a three level game that came with a pack of SW games.
  19. Millenniumfalsehood

Ah, then it's probably the original Dark Forces. I recommend downloading the DFMod and playing it instead. It's a rush of nostalgia. :) The current 6-level pack is only available for Jedi Academy.
  20. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I'll try that, thanks!:thumb: