Molds, Fungus, Flood recovery Dangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
My elder brothers home flooded out a couple of years ago, He decided to do the clean up work himself. His Lungs were infected with various molds and Fungi. My brother just had a lung transplant. They finished today, 12/18/2014 @ 10:20 a.m. after 6 hrs. of surgery. The next 3 hours are the very critical ones s,as this is when you find out if the anti-rejection drugs will work enough so he can survive the surgery.

I am chicken shit. When I purchased my house, the house inspector missed the Asbestos Insulation. I got the house so cheap, I knew if I reported it, I would lose the financing, the house would cost $25,000 dollars or so to clean up, so I purchased a respirator, and with the connections I had, was able to legally disposal of the asbestos. I removed the ceiling completely, even the wood, starting at one end, working my way across, vaulting it as I went along. I then had a professional company come in and decontaminate the house for "everything" they detected. They said insignificant amounts of asbestos were found, and there was nothing else to worry about. I had the forced air vents cleaned professionally.

This took me 4 months, because of my screwed up back, and paying a mortgage and rent almost wiped me out.

Please be careful. Anyone out there who prays, please, pray for my brother, who is hanging on by a thread right now. This and some other issues have been why I have not been so active. I believe God's will , will be done, and in the end, since no one is getting out of this alive, we can only ask for mercy, and that God's will be done. In this case, I am asking God that his will be to give my brother some more time, and am asking him to console the family of the person who so generously donated her lung that someone else might live.

Thank You. :(

Chris74

May God have mercy and blessings on your brother, you and yours. I would say it's indeed a matter of faith, if I think at that case of our Lord, Roman centurion and his ill servant. And, as all of us had such critical and emotional trials at a certain time, with someone beloved, I wish you courage, strength and faith for the time to come.

Best wishes, sir.

Chris

PS - Could you tell your brother's name? It's easier for a prayer to know this. Thank you.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I am sorry to hear that your brother is going through such. I hope and pray that he will pull through this and everything works out well.

As ALWAYS, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
My brother is now breathing on the Lung that this person so graciously left for him to use. He is breathing without assistance and has said he is in no pain. I find this whole thing amazing to be honest. Thank You for your prayers.

I'm locking up the thread, anyone can contact me by P.M.. For those who do not pray, and offered up their good will, I Thank You, by many definitions, that is prayer. Good will towards each other, if it were all we did have, would be one of the most fantastic things in the Universe. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.