MoI - Moment of Inspiration

Discussion in 'Software' started by goney3, Apr 6, 2007.

1. goney3

goney3 Member

For all you tablet users, there is finally a 3D app that focuses just on that. :grin: and its FREE!

I only played around with it for an hour last night, but so far so good. Plus you can export to popular Pepakura formats. :twisted:

uhh, though I haven't been able to figure out how to color/texture anything yet. At least it gives you an option to significantly lower the polygon count as to not have a model that would cause Pepakura to choke. :roll:

2. Alcides

Alcides Member

Thank you for the link. I'm going to play a litle with it. Looks very intuitive.
  3. keith

keith Member

I knew it!!!
    You've all been on tablets for years, haven't you?

Just got one myself to see if i take to one, £23-A6-Trust, from tescos(uk).
    oh, i can't afford a decent wacom...... :(
    My fav 3D program does have a tablet mode, but sadly the rotate/pan/zoom icons are in the wrong place to be of any use, so you need to use the view command, which is extra clicking.

That software looks great, can't wait to try it (except my cad machine had a hard drive failure.....typical).

A most excellent find gooney.

P.S. if you don't have one already, go and buy a graphics tablet now!
  4. goney3

goney3 Member

Ironically I find out that MoI is made by Michael Gibson, who is one of the creators of Rhino3D. I have never used Rhino, is this similar?

I also found a tutorial site here:
  5. goney3

goney3 Member

"SketchUp for MCAD users"

Its also good to point out that only the beta will be FREE, so get it while it lasts. I read this on an interview about MoI:

More on the interview here:

Hopefully it'll be like Pepakura and be under $40 :???: