Module photo

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by sumpter250, Jan 30, 2002.

1. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

It just keeps getting better!
    Thanks for sharing those pics!
    Would love to see more!
  2. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

When I make some progress on the extension scene, I'll get some pics up, but right now, that's about it.
  3. TR-Flyer

TR-Flyer Member

Thanks for posting the photos. Neat range of scenery and levels. Love to see what the future holds for the center module.

4. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

Really Kewl!! :cool: :cool: And those trees!
    Now you'll have to do the pics all over again ... with your fav rollingstock! :)
  5. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Nice work friend, with some great looking scenery.
    To post more than one photo, it is quite easy to do in either a drawing program or Paintshop pro. Just import each photo and resize to what you require.

6. David Eaves

David Eaves New Member

Hi Sumpter 250

Thanks for sharing the pictures, your layout looks great and the scenery is excellent. I really like your truss structures and the trees. Great Work!

7. sumpter250

station kitbash for kettlestack

here's the "shipchandler's" building.

Attached Files:

8. sumpter250

future of the center module

here's the start of the module extension.

Attached Files:

9. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

Wow! That's looking great!

Are the building and ship scratchbuilt?

10. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Looks really great !!! Like Rory I would like to know if they are scratchbuilt also. :cool:
  11. sumpter250

building and ship

Rory, and Tyson,
    The building (s),,, Atlas station kits, two,bashed.
    The ship, now that's another story alltogether. It started out as an "ideal" kit, precarved balsa hull, sheet balsa parts, and some dowels for spars. It was the "Alexander Hamilton", a revenue cutter. It has gone through several rebuildings, and re riggings, to become what it is now. Eventually, it will be replaced by the Whaleship "Wanderer" out of New Bedford. That kit is only now starting, and will be a few years before done.
  12. sumpter250

The 137' coastal freighter "Louis Arthur" lays to at the kennequogue inlet bridge while Long Island # 217, an Alco C420 runs light westbound. The Sagaponack Montauk & Cindys Harbor FT AB F7A is also westbound with a string of freight on the dual gauge upper level.

The freighter: Lindberg "north atlantic fishing trawler" kitbash.
    C420: Rivarossi, short hood raised to full height,+ steam generator,smoke deflectors, custom paint,LI "worlds fair"
    FT AB: seriously kitbashed Athearn F7's
    The sailboat, just under the bridge, lindberg "Elsie" rebuilt as a ketch.

Attached Files:

13. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

That's fantastic, sumpter! How's the module extension going? Cool! :cool:
  14. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Thats a really cool layout you got going there?

I like the ship that has crashed into the wall there, it looks great.

More Pictures??
  15. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder This link to "the On30 Conspiracy" shows what happened to the "module extension". After long thought, I decided that the extension would put some delicate models too close to poking fingers, so I canned the idea.
    The "ship that crashed into the wall"? I suspect you mean the derelict tug, half sunk, by the bridge. That's a Revell "harbor tug" kit. The Prototype, was a photo on the cover of Railfan and Railroad magazine.