Modular Hex Game Elements 1:1000 Scale (WIP / Release)

Tirick

I'm moving this from the Hex Hill thread as this ongoing project is migrating from terrain to game set pieces in general. I'll keep a separate thread for actual game pieces (Mechs, Tanks, etc), and reserve this thread for all buildings and 'terrain' in this scale.

For those of you new to the party, this series is specifically designed for 1:1000 hex-board game play (2mm scale). The Battletech game generally refers to this as 'map scale'. Miniatures are not often made to match this scale, although I will be releasing some of my own to support. One of the things that bothers me about wargaming is the lack of relativity to terrain/buildings/figurines.

I've finished the prototype rail sections and just need to complete the instructions before I post them up in my store. As with the hills, all 'Hex' series pieces I currently intend to release for free. The 'store' is merely a convenient repository.

There are a fair number of elements to the rail set, straight tracks, X cross sections, switch tracks, curved tracks, two ramps, a bridge, riser sections for bridging terrain gaps and a mock tunnel entrance that fits up with the Hex Hills set. I've also included a passenger style train. For simplicity I've designed these to join on hex faces only. The upcoming road set will have more joining options (Hex face and point), although to ensure releases are somewhat timely I'm limiting the Road sections to city-style. I will eventually make highway style sections as well (with on ramps, etc.).

IMG_1696.jpg

IMG_1697.jpg

IMG_1699.jpg

At any rate, enjoy.

Tirick

Tirick

This was long delayed (Guild Wars 2 swallowed all of my free time in the last 3 months), but at last these are up and in the store. As noted in the original post, they are (and will remain) free. I'm having issues with my Joomla install and so there is no announcement post on the main page.

Thank you,
Tirick

Selezen

Your train set there looks awesome!

I've been trying to design something similar for a while, but only as flat modular terrain pieces. Hadn't considered that something at that scale would be buildable.

Well done. :)

Tirick

Well, sometimes an idea takes hold and you just have to run with it (or model, as the case may be).

I have a design and mesh for a new set: Modular City Walls. This is designed again at 'map' scale, or 1:1000 (thereabouts). I have a few more fit-up pieces to make, as well as a few more weapon emplacements. I also clearly need to texture these, but I don't expect that to take too long.
The intent would be a fortified town, or even a field base.

It will come complete with modular towers designed to fit over the wall segments where desired, and turrets for defensive missions. The walls will be designed to tile with the hexagon standard for Battletech. The main door will be made of sections so it can be built open or closed (cunning use of putty might allow reposing). I will be making a second fitted door to section over the rail set.

The Cat in the picture is there for scale, and was my first attempt at 1:1000 scale mechs (my actual 1:1000 Mechs are in a different .blend file and I don't feel like merging them at the moment). The roads are there for demonstration as well, they will be actually included in a different set.

ModularCityWalls-001.jpg

ModularCityWalls-003.jpg

ModularCityWalls-002.jpg

Anyway, enjoy. I hope to get this one completed/textured in the coming week. Instructions will take a little longer, so this might be ready in time for Christmas (free, as with the rest of this series).

Tirick

Selezen

That looks awesome. I love your stuff, the concept is fantastic.

Looking forward to seeing the full product. :)

Tirick

The 1:1000 modular City Walls set is now released. It comes in both .pdf and .pdo format, and contains the texture base if you wish to recolour them. There are several segments, suitable to build a fortified base or wall demarcation. These are specifically designed to complement the train set and the forthcoming city roads set, as well as future building sets.

CityWalls_zps4d1e7551.jpg

CityWalls2_zpsf0fad5e3.jpg

The set is carefully designed to allow sections to fit correctly in a hex grid, while yet allowing 90 degree sections.

You can find them in the Hex Terrain section on my site: tcfgaming.com

Enjoy!
Tirick

Selezen

Seconded - that is one amazing set. Well done. It's stunning that you're giving it away for free. I would quite happily lay down coinage for these sets.

Tirick

And again with the thread necro...

At long last, the Road Set is finally released, and available at tcfgaming.com . There is no good excuse for the delay, they were ready for layout before Christmas, but life got in the way.

RoadSampleAll_zps2603f4bb.jpg

This, as a baseline, should provide nearly any road layout you would like. Eventually I will release a set with an elevated roadway, as well as bridging elements to work with the Rail set.

Enjoy!
Sean

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
And again with the thread necro...

At long last, the Road Set is finally released, and available at tcfgaming.com . There is no good excuse for the delay, they were ready for layout before Christmas, but life got in the way.

RoadSampleAll_zps2603f4bb.jpg

This, as a baseline, should provide nearly any road layout you would like. Eventually I will release a set with an elevated roadway, as well as bridging elements to work with the Rail set.

Enjoy!
Sean

Since you are still working on this project, this is not a dead thread. Therefor, posts like this are not "NEROS". This is a "RESURRECTION". Which is a VERY GOOD THING (and are ALWAYS WELCOMED)!!!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!