modified atlas turntable

N

nachoman

Here is my modified atlas TT for hon3. I still need to put some kind of timber pit ring around it, but havent quite decided how I want to build that to blend it in with the rest of the scenery. I'll probably put some kind of wooden planking in front of the motor shed.

kevin

Attachments

• turntable1.jpg
    turntable1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 234
  • turntable2.jpg
    turntable2.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 232

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Nice work, Kevin. Rather than plank the area in front of the shed, is it possible to build a styrene "foundation" where it sits now, the top of it at about the same height as the top of the pit wall, then re-install the shed on top of that? Once you've built the turntable pit, you can add your scenery, level with both the top of the pit and the top of the foundation, effectively hiding the "foundation". This will place the shed at the same level as the track, which should look more plausible.

Wayne

N

nachoman

hey, i see what you are saying...yes, that should work nicely!

kevin

jim currie

Jun 29, 2003
arizona
Visit site
nice work :) most all of the NG turntables were arm strong powered my scanner if on the fritz now but as soon as i get it running will post some pics of SP slim gauge TT . would it be possable to turn the drive unit over and hid it in the table top? thus getting it out of the way and sight.