Modern Soviet/Warsaw Pact Vehicle Competition?

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Fishcarver, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

With Modelik and GPM coming out with new kits of The SCUD B and the T55 among others, I wonder what interest there would be in a competition to build a model of a post-1945 Soviet/WarPact vehicle. And what should the rules be? I'd be willing to donate a prize if others will do the same. Just testing the waters here....what do you folks think?

"Cast forth your bread upon the waters: it makes ducks happy"
  2. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I like the subject matter, but... I think limiting a competition to a specific subject means that there wouldn't be a whole lot of competition.

That's really the only thing that bothers me about it, is the limited participation.

3. josve

josve Active Member

How about a groupbuild of the T55?
    That would have been nice!
  4. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

5. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

Anything wrong with reprising it here?

6. ShaunGamer

ShaunGamer Member

Sounds fun and with an excellent theme. Were you thinking of limiting it to 1:25 or would there be no scale restrictions?
  7. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

Rules are up to you folks. Likewise, the judges. Scales? Up to you folks likewise. Right now, I am just trolling for interest!!

8. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Oh hell no... no probs at all ... I missed out going to that show. Who ever gets a second chance at things in life. :wink:

I have a T55 project sitting on back burner which is an upgrade for Nobi's T55m or Romanian Version. If I can get the addon kit to work I may send it to Nobi to hand out alongside.
  9. ShaunGamer

ShaunGamer Member

I think that seeing the subject matter is pretty narrow, you would need to add variety in other ways. Make it open to any scale, allow modifications or repaints and possibly dioramas. Perhaps even allow new designs.
    The other issue is time frame. Most large scale armour kits have build times measured in months. That would need to be considered when determining end dates of the competition.