Moderators - Have we collected a spammer?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by shortliner, Dec 21, 2005.

1. shortliner

shortliner Member

:curse: two new "threads" from somebody called "Carmac" - "free desktops" and "pink razr phones" - surely not Train/modelling related?
    Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands
  2. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Thanks for the heads-up. The posts are gone and I am sure Carmac will be following soon.
  3. shortliner

shortliner Member

No problem!
  4. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Thanks, Tom just took care of this guy. Just for your information, we harvest these spam posts on a regular basis, usually the first mod on-line finds and deletes them then when Mikey gets the sleepy seeds out of his eyes,:sleeping: :sleeping: he drums them off the Gauge. We appreciate all the help we can get in spotting and getting rid of these scoundrels.:wave::thumb:
  5. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

OOOohhhhh, man, I was soooo looking forward to mt free phone, too ;)
  6. shortliner

shortliner Member

Tom, Don, since I own/moderate one group and moderate 6 others, I know what fun it is keeping an eye on idiot spammers, and smacking them - HARD! That's why I bought it to your attention - sometimes we miss one or two of the small illegitimate personages! <VBG>
  7. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Awww, you guys that can moderate in the morning get to have all the fun!!!! :)
  8. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Well Ralph, try getting up before noon some day.:sleeping: :sleeping: Remember, I'm in Arizona and so I'm a couple of hours behind the east coast and geeze, those guys in Oz have been up a good half day. But, in spite of that, even though we sold our business a few years ago, I still can't get out of the habit of getting up way too early.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I do admit though, there is a certain amount of pleasure watching a spammer post his garbage and deleting it within a minute or two of when he does. That's got to drive them crazy, or maybe they think we have an automatic de-spammer...:D :D
  9. Zman

Zman Member

Soooo, I assume nobody's interested in the bridge I've got for sale?

It's a nice one too.
  10. siderod

siderod Member

The only way you're going to sell me any stinkin' bridge is if it happens to be located in Brooklyn :D

11. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Swamp land in Florida? I have some, someone sold me..... :D :D
    I suspected that he wasn't only a spammer, but a scammer. They don't make a pink RAZR phone...Only black and silver.
    I checked it out.
  12. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

You wanted that pink RAZR, eh, ED?
    Goes with the interior of your racing car... :D
  13. ausien

ausien Active Member

It is, but I thought I already bought it thirty years ago, :confused: from a guy I met somewhere:rolleyes:..... dont tell me he didnt own it...:cry: ..There goes another investment,:D :D :D :D ....have a good one..steve
  14. ross31r

ross31r Member

err yes they do in the UK, but only as a limited edition one (my sister being a "girly" girl has got one!)