Moderators - Have we collected a spammer?

shortliner

Dec 23, 2004
:curse: two new "threads" from somebody called "Carmac" - "free desktops" and "pink razr phones" - surely not Train/modelling related?
Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Jack,

Thanks, Tom just took care of this guy. Just for your information, we harvest these spam posts on a regular basis, usually the first mod on-line finds and deletes them then when Mikey gets the sleepy seeds out of his eyes,:sleeping: :sleeping: he drums them off the Gauge. We appreciate all the help we can get in spotting and getting rid of these scoundrels.:wave::thumb:

shortliner

Dec 23, 2004
Tom, Don, since I own/moderate one group and moderate 6 others, I know what fun it is keeping an eye on idiot spammers, and smacking them - HARD! That's why I bought it to your attention - sometimes we miss one or two of the small illegitimate personages! <VBG>
Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Ralph said:
Awww, you guys that can moderate in the morning get to have all the fun!!!! :)
Ralph
Well Ralph, try getting up before noon some day.:sleeping: :sleeping: Remember, I'm in Arizona and so I'm a couple of hours behind the east coast and geeze, those guys in Oz have been up a good half day. But, in spite of that, even though we sold our business a few years ago, I still can't get out of the habit of getting up way too early.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I do admit though, there is a certain amount of pleasure watching a spammer post his garbage and deleting it within a minute or two of when he does. That's got to drive them crazy, or maybe they think we have an automatic de-spammer...:D :D

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Swamp land in Florida? I have some, someone sold me..... :D :D
I suspected that he wasn't only a spammer, but a scammer. They don't make a pink RAZR phone...Only black and silver.
I checked it out.

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
siderod said:
The only way you're going to sell me any stinkin' bridge is if it happens to be located in Brooklyn :D

AR

It is, but I thought I already bought it thirty years ago, :confused: from a guy I met somewhere:rolleyes:..... dont tell me he didnt own it...:cry: ..There goes another investment,:D :D :D :D ....have a good one..steve

ross31r

Jul 6, 2004
Surrey, United Kingdom
eightyeightfan1 said:
Swamp land in Florida? I have some, someone sold me..... :D :D
I suspected that he wasn't only a spammer, but a scammer. They don't make a pink RAZR phone...Only black and silver.
I checked it out.

err yes they do in the UK, but only as a limited edition one (my sister being a "girly" girl has got one!)