Models wanted: EAA Museum Exhibit

Discussion in 'Dioramas & Displays' started by sakrison, Jun 4, 2008.

1. sakrison

sakrison Member

When I first put up the Paper Models Exhibit at the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) AirVenture Museum in Oshkosh, WI, the curator, Alan Westby, told me it could stay up about six months. It's been there for seven years and has been a very popular exhibit. Alan wants it to stay, as long as I keep rotating new models through it, from time to time.

With the annual EAA AirVenture Fly-In about six weeks away, I'm looking for new aircraft or aerospace models to put in the exhibit.

Any models offered become the property of the museum. Contributors to the exhibit are listed on a placard there. And I'll make sure that anyone who donates a model gets recognized on this forum.

If your model becomes part of the exhibit, it will be seen by close to half a million museum visitors over the course of a year.

The models don't have to be "contest quality." I'm looking for interesting subject matter and average or better modeling skills. The exhibit includes everything from Fiddler's Green to Halinski, and from basic builds to superdetail. I want it to showcase the whole breadth of the hobby.

New models for the exhibit need to be in my hands by July 15.

If you have an aircraft or aerospace model you'd like to donate, please e-mail me with details and a photo or two, at

2. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

This is an excellent project. Congratulations that you've created such a long-lived exhibit.

May I suggest that you might have better luck with responses if you post this in the Aircraft section, with more participant traffic. I would think a number of the regulars with superior skills would love to contribute.

Although my design skills are improving somewhat, my card building skills are still at a level where my models to be relegated to the "built by kindergartener on a sugar-high" section. LOL.

Good Luck with the continuation of your endeavour.