ModelKopia SS21 Tochka TEL (1:50 to 1:35 kitbash)

Discussion in 'Armory & Military' started by Fishcarver, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

Lots of lessons in this build, including how some simple tools make all the difference (and how their absence (due to being stuffed away someplace ) makes you relearn a lot of basic techniques real quick!!).

This was not as clean a build as I'd have liked. That having been said, and looking at the prices of p*****c or resin kits of this vehicle in 1:35, I am OK with the result.

Hope you all are too!!

Regards from the NW Coast of Canada

2. barry

barry Active Member

Final model

a Looks great, got that weathered I've knocked a few trees down about it

b Is the guy on the extreme right holding a match to light the blue touchpaper.(in the 8:17 pic)

3. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Very good build thread - I just love the figures in the photos. THey are a great touch.
  4. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

Close Enough For Government Work!!

Thanks for the comments! The weathered look comes primarily from a BBT (Brutal Building Technique) that results from the model actually having been built on a folding plastic table in our new kitchen.

It is in 1:35 scale.

Touchpaper? OMiG, do not let the Sovz know about that secret.....

5. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

Mark: Thanks! Figures, as far as I am concerned, give life to a model.

6. airbob

airbob Member

Very impressive finished product! A pleasure to follow this build thread!!! :yep:
    Bob out...
  7. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

Thanks for the kind words!

Your B-52 rescale was some great piece of work, as was your SA-2.

The "tractor plant" is now shut down for a month, as I will be building a new workshop here in "Canada's Hawaii". Besides, I have been threatened with divorce and/or other forms of grievous bodily harm if I dare build another card model in Jill's kitchen....

I would like to contact you offline about working with some of the older Maly kits. If agreeable, you can PM me thru the forum. OK?