ModelKopia SS21 Tochka TEL (1:50 to 1:35 kitbash)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Courtesy of a friend of mine that spent a couple of months in Europe recently, I acquired a couple of original ModelKopia 1:50 armour kits, now sadly out of print.

These kits are pretty basic: 2D black printing on green card. I have been looking for a 1:35 Tochka TEL for some time, so the chance to kitbash this one up to 1:35 came at just the right time! (Before I tackled the rescaled ModelCard SCUD)

The plan is to scan the kit, enlarge it to 1:35 ( 1.43%) from 1:50, detail it by replacing all 2D printed parts with 3D construction, and finally paint/detail the finished model to the standard of a decent 1:35 plastic model.

As we are just recovering from a retirement move to the West Coast, (making the precise location of my modeling tools into a treasure hunt), this thread may take awhile.
So be ye warned!

PS: Tractor Plant Humour will be minimized thruout this post, although figures may be incorporated . You (and they) know who they are.

Jim

Attachments

• MKTochKa1.jpg
    MKTochKa1.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 974
T

Texman

I have done some research on these, and would love to get hold of some of these kits. Does anyone know where I might can find some of the Model Kopia?

Ray

"We will Brake, Shock, & Tire You"

We next build the wheels and tires.

As printed from the original kit, these are quite lame.

There are no printed outer parts for the tires (Treads) but there are patterns for the lugs (tread grips). The Russian Instructions say" Roll a piece of paper to the circumference of part #23"
OK.

Attachments

• Tochka Tire #1.jpg
    Tochka Tire #1.jpg
    616.3 KB · Views: 726
Having mostly scratchbuilt one wheel, we go on to the rest.

Hubs and wheel nuts will follow once I find my proper set of modeling tools).

(It is really amazing what can be done in this hobby with very few, and very basic, tools: I still haven't found all of my "stuff" yet!!)

Attachments

• Tochka Tire #1.jpg
    Tochka Tire #1.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 306
Status
Not open for further replies.