Modeling trains keeps me sober

Gil Finn

At least it helps. I gave it up in September last year and trains have been a big help in building selfesteem and keeping my hands busy and my rearend off a bar stool.

If you are like me you can whip it also.:thumb:

jetrock

Good luck to you...one of the things that helped me quit smoking was noticing how much smokes ate into my model railroading budget! Make sure you've got some friends to fall back on...model railroading can be a solitary hobby, but there is also the potential for meeting friends who'll last a lifetime, instead of just until your money for buying rounds at the bar runs out...

Scoobie

Good for you Gil. I to gave up the bottle ( 6 yrs ago ). I can say if I still drank I wouldn't be making our ( my son & I ) first layout. I am have a blast with him doing it. I love it. Good luck to you in the future

N

nachoman

There is real truth to this. Sometimes what people need to give up an addiciton is a distraction. I have known many people who go back to smoking/drinking/drugs simply out of boredom. But congrats, Gil, it takes a strong person to beat such things.

kevin

MilesWestern

Gil, I see these bad habits start where I go everyday (highschool) and I must say it seems easy to fall into those habits, and dig yourself a grave, but you didn't and I really think it's great to hear about a person with enough integrity to pull yourself out of those things, and what better way thena to play with trains! Whoo hoo! :thumb:

Good job Gil. :)

Wow, that's another comment on cidchases' signature. I've seen it taken manydifferent ways, interesting. Cool too! It's nice to have a thought proviking signature!

L

lester perry

Congratulations Gil. Stay with it and don't put an HO scale bar on your layout.

As far as dog house is concerned I don't have one but I have a building with my trains to go to. It is heated & air conditioned with thick carpet on the floor. So go ahead & sent me there, it even has a refrigerator, stereo & computer hooked to phone line.
Les