Modeling of a Different Sort

Discussion in 'Extended Mediums' started by Gil, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Gil

Gil Active Member

Hi All,

Been away experimenting in a new modeling realm. Image is a rendered frame of some of the trial work...,

2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Cool Gil............did you get the idea from the Japanese guys stuff I found?

Will we see the whole work..........please.....please!
  3. Gil

Gil Active Member

Well Maybe...,

Right now it's really a really short, short. Keyframes mostly as renders take incredible amounts of time to complete. Need to understand the cheats behind making the smoke trails render more quickly..., The Japanese render is something I've been working toward for some time now. I'm fairly certain of where all the parts used were obtained from or with. The name of the game is to use medium detailed models in fast moving animations. Everything looks great as long as you pay attention to the texture mapping of the main subjects. Use of motion blur in close ups is a blessing.

Why go off in this direction? In a word it's absolutely fascinating. If you can think of it, it can be modeled and animated using regular PCs and fairly low cost animation software. It's great to tell stories with. Fixed dioramas now can come alive with this art. The idea is to model paper subjects in photo real environments and then back it into a paper model. It takes what I was doing with Natural Aluminum Finish in Photoshop but with the added benefit of being able to place the subject in a very photo realistic situation with full control of texture map, diffuse color, reflectivity, transparency, translucency, lighting and volumetric lighting. The mapping is then preserved and applied to the flat developed sections of the paper model providing unparalleled photorealistic surfaces.

Well that's the plan anyway...,

4. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

I can see where this can open up a lot........everybody can be John Ford! If they want to put out the effort. This has really come a long way since the first generation games/movies. It's really neat to see progress in action!

I can't wait to see what you come up with Gil. Again Cool!