Modelik "Samolot Kozlowskiego 1910" 1/33 scale

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by eatcrow2, Jun 7, 2007.

1. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

Have had this kit for awhile, but with the recent talk on rigging materials I was in the mood to experiment with this. All rigging so far has been done with 2lb "Maxima" leader thread colored black with a felt tip marker.. This will be a on going "when the mood strikes me" project.

Here's the cover picture of the kit...
  2. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

Photo of the actual aircraft....
  3. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

Where I'm at in the build... Surprising how strong the structure is after rigging.. Seatbelts and steering column scratch built..
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Looks great! Are those long struts solid card cut or folded card? They look pretty darn good :D
  5. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

Thanks guys...

Chris those are folded card with a wire core. You can't believe how much fun they were to do...;-) After everything was glued up, I re-painted with a thinned acrylic of the same color as the struts..
  6. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Interesting aircraft. I've never heard of this one. What did it use in place of a rudder?
  7. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

Good point.. And I have not a clue...;-)
  8. Fozzy The Bear

Fozzy The Bear New Member

It uses Ailerons to roll into a turn, and the elivator to keep the nose up and pull into the turn. That's the way you turn an aircraft most of the time anyway. I'd hate to try and land it without a rudder for correction though.

Nice model work so far! The frame looks great.

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)
  9. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

wow thats an impressive start!
  10. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Museum quality work.!!
  11. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Ooooohhh! Sweet Plane, sweet frame, Sweeeet Seat!
    Very nice work so far, Peter! Very impressive!8)
    Waiting for more!:twisted:

12. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

Thanks for the comps... Here you can see the making up of the gondola.
  13. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

Attaching gondola to the frame.. So far the fit has been quite good on this considering how complex the frames are..
  14. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Does that shroud behind the seat act as a fairing?
  15. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

fuselage skin

I would assume that's what it's for..

Next picture shows where I've accented the frames on the outside skin to try and duplicate what I see in photos and the cover drawing. It just didn't look right IMO all one shade. This might not look right either, but I like it better..;-) Achieved by taping off the frames with drafting tape, and then shading with a pastel chalk. A light coat of Future to seal it when finished to keep it from smearing when I handle it.. Photo taken late last night, so the light was a bit off
  16. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

That truly is "Museum Quality". Truly beautiful.

I would think that without the "fairing", the rear fuselage would act as a small parachute...incredible amount of drag. You have to wonder if they didn't think about it first, and found out in the middle of takeoff or in actual flight. Probably barely got it into the air without the fairing. Ahhhh the excitement of aviation in the pre-wind tunnel, "Just take her around the Pea Patch" days...
  17. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

Thanks Steve... The bad lighting hides a lot..;-)

Started adding the skin to the front frames, and decided that there was just too big of a gap between the front and rear which seem weak to me. So into the scrape box where I had some balsa strips. Much better......
  18. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

Here it is finished.. Skin wrapped around everything perfectly without any tweaking or trimming. Starting to like the way I detailed the frames a lot better now that I see it together..
  19. Rev

Rev Member

Neat build, awesome skills!
  20. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

This is a great build - your skill level is impressive. I love this aircraft, I must get it - - - now