modelik MK4

Discussion in 'Armory & Military' started by NULLMOON, Nov 29, 2007.

NULLMOON Member

i thoght i would start a new thread as its no longer a qestion
    heres the current state of my mk4 not my best work but its still coming along fairly well and ive overcome most of the problems with this kit all the large parts are now in place details and tracks next they seem quite simple especily when compared to the tracks on my ft-17 what does everone think:mrgreen:

ps my walls have mould:oops:

Attached Files:

2. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

I think it's looking great!!!!!!! Very clean work. Looking forward to seeing details of the track assembly.. I have this kit, and the tracks appear to be quite a piece of work.. Hope you post some "step by step" photos...:thumb:
  3. josve

josve Active Member

Really nice work!!
  4. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Nice job so far! I'm glad you were able to get past your confusion.
  5. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Neat build! Anticipating the Tracks...

NULLMOON Member

the tracks are insanely easy the only problem is each link has 8 rivets which really HAVE to be built so ill have to work out how to do them i have a bag of half-beads that may work ill try a few things and post pics..promise:p
  7. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

This is looking very good indeed! I purchased this kit as well and hope to build it someday. It sounds like the kit has a few problems to deal with? Any chance of you outlining the major issues before the next foolhardy modeler races in?

NULLMOON Member

i covered a few of these in the "mk4 qestion thread" its mainly down to the formers being off and a few misfit parts im working from TWO kits here to cover my ass if something goes wrong so far ive only had to build the center hull and sponsons a second time ill try and give this kit a overview when im done its worth the greif its big and has a nice heavy feel to it:mrgreen:

NULLMOON Member

NOOOOOO ALL THAT BLOODY WORK.!!!! :cry::cry::cry:
    i had it in a plastic bag safely tucked away on top of the wardrobe everthing feel off the top crushing it .....just as i finish bulding my 140th invidual track linkwall1wall1wall1wall1:curse::curse::curse:

god im p****ed off now

Attached Files:

10. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

OOOOHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I'm so sorry to see that. I was starting to like this thread, because constructions threads about WWI tanks are quite rares.

NULLMOON Member

not as sorry as i was ........words were said that would have made a sailor blush:curse: ill be giving it another go sometime not this side of this year im afraid ive still got my ft-17 which i will do as a build thread its in hold at the moment i was gonna re start it (i had the sense to scan it) and build the inside and engine
  12. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

C'mon, Erare humanum est
    Next time you know that you have to store the models in a very safe place
    It's very good to have the scaned model , just in case...
    Anyway good luck with the FT-17 ! :thumb::thumb::thumb:
  13. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

Having recently had a "shelf incident" where I lost two models and damaged three others, I can relate to the pain!:cry:
    Still, this looks like it could be the perfect opportunity to do a battle-damaged and heavily weathered version!
    I do hope you stick with it as I think this is an interesting model and we could all learn from your experience reviving this model!

NULLMOON Member

less of a shelf incident more of a "piling stuff up into unstable jenga style piles" ironic thing is the wardrobe is actully a glass fronted shelved unit that holds all my other models a may try another type of project instead of going back to my ft-17s(i have two from 2 diffent publishers) just yet:cry:to many painful memories