Modeler's License

Gil Finn

License? Never applied. Dont have a visa or a green card either, just a toy train. I dont obey yard limits either.stooges8

iis612

Well, I am going to try to stay close to prototype, with some large exceptions. I am using CNW equipment in the Chicago Stock Yards. The NYC owned the track, and all the switching was done by a shortline that NYC owned.

brakie

modeler's license??? modeler's license??? Ya mean ta tell me yuh needs modeler's license to model?? Who would of 'ave thunk it?

brakie

RioGrande said:
I tend to not care for the freelance layouts I've seen in numerous model RR articles. Why? Because they generally relate to nothing I've ever seen. It's true that some have done a good job at looking really lie a RR that could have existed. Some notable exceptions are Allegany Midland (Tony Koester), the V&O by Allen McClelland, and Ohio Southern (Jim Hediger). Those are all ficticious right?

When I see a good representation of a real RR, especially Western, now that is cool!

Ah Jim,How about Eric Brooman's Utah Belt? That's a great Western road..:D

http://www.trains.com/mrr/default.aspx?c=a&id=224

Well, on my layout the Alpena Limestone Quarry is about a mile from the Wyandotte Chemical... in reality they are 400 miles from each other, and I've got 67 camaro's next to signage that sez PEPSI SOLD HERE 5 CENTS.....

Other than that... It's Perfec t