Modelart's XF5U Pancake

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Nothing, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

This is my first "serious" model ive tried.

there are more pics in the galery. to much of a pain to get all the urls in this post.
  2. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Great build, very nice job. Well done, looks super. Keep up the good work.
  3. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Your first serious model? Could have fooled me!
    Very nice job, it looks great!

4. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Looks good! How did the construction go? There was a build thread around here that ended up in the wastebasket. I believe he said he couldn't get the body wrap done well because he thought the formers weren't square. I'm interested because this is one of the models my dad asked for and got for father's day, so he'll be building it one of these days.
  5. Clashster

Clashster Member

Very impressive! Nice clean lines! Great job on your first "serious" build! I have several ModelArt models I purchased long ago but never made. Was it a difficult build? I like the detail on their models, not sure if my skill is up to it yet!

6. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

Looks like you did a great job! I've always liked this design and have been eyeing this kit for a while, so I'm also curious about any construction misfits or problems.
    Nice model!
  7. YuG

YuG Member

First serious attempt? You must have been born for card modelling that is your divine vocation!
    I bought this plane long time ago and has not started building.
    I do want to know how you made this.
  8. I build this one a while ago, it's sure was not for beginners , well done nothing!
    as I recall it was a difficult model, but no fitting problems, if you stick to the instructions just take your time, better dry fit it a couple of times than stick it in the wrong place. It's still one of my favourite X-planes, and real Dr Zarkov quality...
    Cheers, Billy aussie
  9. zizi6785

zizi6785 New Member

10. Padre

Padre Member

I built that one too, yours looks good. Good model, good design, good work.
  11. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Very nice job, and chosen for Picture Of The Week!
  12. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

EH?(looks around) you talkin to me? (takes another look just to be sure) wow thats never happened before!

hahaha thank you!
  13. Vyceroy

Vyceroy New Member

I have considered this model for a build but have been a bit intimidated by it .. Had also considered doing it in foam for RC .. definitely need counter rotating props .. Very nice subject and nice model .. Congrats
  14. papastumpy

papastumpy Member

Nice. I really like the XF5U Pancake. Watched a very interesting documentary on History Channel about this type and others like it. Seemed this is the Grand Daddy to more than just one type aircraft. If you are not a serious builder, I can not wait to see what you do when you feel serious!!!!!:eek:
  15. SJPONeill

SJPONeill New Member

Great build - have always had a soft spot for this aircraft...