Modelart Mig-3

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by modelperry, Apr 13, 2008.

1. modelperry

modelperry Member

I am currently working on the Modelart Mig-3. I'm too far along for a decent build thread, so I'll just post pictures when I'm done. So far this has got to be the best engineered aircraft model I've built (my hat's off to Dr Zarkov). I have yet to hit any major build issues (knock on wood (pulp)). I can hardly wait to see the final results!

If anyone has hit any issues with this one, please let me know so I can figure out how to work around them a little better.

2. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

I'm also buldind these days the Mig-3, you can see my building threads here
    on this Romanian Forum or on this French Forum
    I've stopped the work as long as I work on the Hanriot, but now I will go on.

And the situation so far....

3. SergeyV

SergeyV New Member

Dear Dragos,

I'm new on this forum - but cannot keep silence anymore - I would not even imagine than somebody will be assembling my MiG-3 reworks - if I'm not mistaken this one is really mine! (I also made some soviet pre-war variants and captured by nazis) - if somebody needs them - can share. Here is my e-mail:

4. SergeyV

SergeyV New Member

By the way, I have 2 re-worked romanian Me-109 from Model Art. (One flown by Serbanesku (august 1944) and one flown by Greceanu when Roman broke with nazis (late 1944).
  5. sakrison

sakrison Member

I recently built Modelart's Mig-3. Nice kit. I don't remember any serious issues. The model looks great. It's on display at the EAA Museum in Oshkosh, WI.
    No worries,
  6. SergeyV

SergeyV New Member

There is no trouble with the model - really, model fits perfectly!!! May be I used wrong words - I meant that I made pre-war type of MiG-3 (there are some distinctions in early type from late in front cowling) and it made me possible to make series of MiGs, that were captured by germans or destroyed by soviets while retreating. This is what I meant.

7. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

sakrison that sounds good id love to get to oshkosh to the airshow there maybe one day :thumb:
  8. modelperry

modelperry Member

I finished the Mig last Thursday (4/17) so that I could enter it into an IPMS contest yesterday. I took one plastic model truck and three paper models: the Mig, a fly model M3 Stuart and my Modelik Polonez Poltruck Fire car.

I saw many interested (and/or confused) looks at my entries, but absolutely no negative comments what so ever.

These three were the only paper models on the table and I was instructed to put them all in the Miscellaneous Category (because of them being paper). This category ended up with 6 total entries, my three and three plastic models, an engine, Budweiser beer wagon and horses and a cutaway tank.

When the awards were called out for this category, the plastic engine received an Honorable Mention. I began to think I had a shot at third. Then the beer wagon won third. My hopes increased. The tank won second! Holy S#!& I got first! For what?

The Mig.

I WILL post pictures as soon as I am able.

9. sakrison

sakrison Member

And another IPMS Chapter is won over to The Dark Side!!!
    Way to go, Greg! :thumb:

No worries,
  10. modelperry

modelperry Member

Here's a picture:

Attached Files:

11. Wily

Wily Member

Congratulations on the prize!

12. bclemens

bclemens Member

Well done, Greg!
  13. lriera

lriera Member

Congratulations, Greg. You won a well-deserved prize.
  14. tazman3

tazman3 Model Designer Wannabe

Congrats, dude! Hey, could we get some more close up photos of the kit? It seems a shame not to showcase a 1st place winnar!!!

EDIT: I had forgot to mention that I love the name of this contest...GeekStock...classic. The slogan is pretty cool too!
  15. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Congrats! Nice looking plane, I'd like to see more close-up pictures as well.
  16. modelperry

modelperry Member

Thanks to everyone for their positive comments.

The photo I attached is from my camera phone. I'll post better ones as soon as I'm able.

17. modelperry

modelperry Member

More Pictures for your viewing pleasure:

Attached Files:

18. tazman3

tazman3 Model Designer Wannabe

Thanks for the pics man...dude, that is one nice model!

Very well done indeed!