ModelArt F6F-5

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by cmdr199212, Dec 2, 2009.

1. cmdr199212

cmdr199212 Member

Has anyone built the ModelArt F6F-5? Or the -5N? I could use some pictures of how the wing-fold mechanism works, and also how well the model goes together.

2. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

There was a start on one of the other forums, but I'm not sure it got any farther than that. Doubt it was due to fit issues, however, as ModelArt's models are almost always perfect. I have the kit, but have not attempted a build - Yet. I do intend to someday in the near future.

3. cmdr199212

cmdr199212 Member

Hm.... would you be interested in kinda bouncing off of one another when we start? I'm in the middle of a build right now, but maybe come spring, or early summer? I really like the look of it, (I actually have the F6F-5N, the night fighter variant, which I assume is the same) but some of the looks of the pieces look confusing, and I'm not even sure if the wing-fold mech. is accurate. If it doesn't fold the way its supposed to in real life, than why bother building it into it?

But, get back to me on that, and we'll see what we can work out.

BTW, love your signature

God is good!
  4. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

Maybe. I am now a flight instructor and part time commercial pilot, and that doesn't leave me with a lot of extra time to work on stuff. I haven't finished a model in nearly a year now.