Model train brokers???

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by 65GASSER, Jan 4, 2007.

1. 65GASSER

65GASSER Member

I was looking through my October '06 MRR mag and saw an advertisement for It says prises 30-35% lower than ebay. Anyway I checked it out and did a few quick searches. Nothing came up... at all. Anyone else checked this place out yet?

COMBAT Member

Is this what your looking for. :D

Domain Name:

Registrar: NAMEKING.COM, INC.
    Whois Server:
    Referral URL:

Expiration Date: 2007-09-03
    Creation Date: 2006-09-03
    Last Update Date: 2006-11-26

Name Servers:

Extended Information - :
    [​IMG]50)'1px solid #245FA5'; this.alt='Preview by';" border=0>IP Address:
    Website Status: active
    Server Type: Apache
    Cache Date: 2007-01-03 19:50:32 MST
  3. 65GASSER

65GASSER Member

LOL what in the heck is that???? Haha I should have worded it better. I got on there site and searched, but no products came up. LOL

COMBAT Member

Oh. That was the domain list telling you that it does exsist. LOL
  5. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Here we go again

Either it doesn't exist or it's a scam. What mag was this? Was it a clasified? Quarter-page?Half-Page?Full? Those are stuff that needs to be known IMO. All I got was one of those crappy websites that change their name when you mispel your true destination:rolleyes:
  6. 65GASSER

65GASSER Member

Nah it exists. It was a half page ad in Model Railroader. Seems legit, just nothing listed for sale or auction there.
  7. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

I suspect it is a new business start up. I don't think I would want to mail order from him until he is established. I don't mind supporting a local hobby shop that just opened, but to send payment for a product from someone who hasn't even got the web page finished seems to be asking to lose your money.