Model RR Shows

Old_Bob

Nov 4, 2006
Eagle, CO
How can I find out where and when there will be model RR shows? My particular interest is in shows in the So CA area.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
At this time in So Cal there is a Great Train Expo scheduled for Del Mar on Dec 2 & 3. There are probably many local clubs doing open houses, but I don't know that much about them. I think there is another Great Train Expo being held in the Anaheim Convention Center, I think it is scheduled for the first weekend after Jan 1.

Old_Bob

Nov 4, 2006
Eagle, CO
Ah, that Anaheim show is the one I would like to see. Went to that event several years ago and it was impressive. Del Mar is a bit of a drive.

C

Catt

Try your local hobbyshop.All four of the shops in my town keep a supply of show fliers on hand.Also once you find one to attend check and see if they have a table for show fliers.It's almost mandatory here in West Michigan and surrounding areas to do this,.:D

Alan Bickley

Dec 22, 2003
Bicester, Oxford, UK
Visit site
Huh? FOUR hobby shops in your town?! The nearest hobby shop to me is 12 miles away, and I live in a big town!
Anyway, I can't wait for December the 2nd and 3rd to go to the biggest event of the year here in the UK!

ed acosta

Aug 4, 2005
Washington-British Columbia
Model Railroad Shows

There is an excellent website that lists all shows in your particular area. Try
http://www.trains.com/trc/community/events/

I used to live in southern Cal and recall MR shows in Pomona, Orange Empire Museum in Perris, and another in in Sunland. I wonder if they are still around. Great values if you are buying. GATS put on a large train shows, but the swap meet vendors were a too pricey fro my budget.

-Ed Acosta

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
sign1 Alan: By American and Canadian standards, twelve miles is "near". Maybe that's why we are running out of petrol (gas)sign1

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Jim Krause said:
sign1 Alan: By American and Canadian standards, twelve miles is "near". Maybe that's why we are running out of petrol (gas)sign1

Yeah, Jim, you're right about that. Around here, we usually walk if the hobbyshop is within a twenty mile radius and the snow is not too deep.:rolleyes: :D :D

Wayne

Old_Bob

Nov 4, 2006
Eagle, CO
Collyn, Had to look up Canon City on the map! Your photos were excellent! I remember seeing the canyon some years ago on a driving vacation.
We plan to move to Eagle, CO when we get our place here sold. The new place has a basement and that is my target for a HO layout.

ed acosta

Aug 4, 2005
Washington-British Columbia
MR Shows

Bob,
Go back to the Trains.com page and look for the section "Browse" where you can enter the State (Calif) that you are looking for and it will display 10 shows in the next couple of months. There is a MR show and swap meet in Arcadia on Dec. 3 and the iHobbyExpo in Los Angeles on Dec 15.

-Ed Acosta